This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, April 04, 2008

Jealousy

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

May you all be in the best of health and Emaan, Ameen.

I randomly started to think about an incident with Asma that made me smile (and made me miss her even more).

It took place when she was around 3-5 years old. Maybe even a little younger. There were a bunch of kids in the room as guests were over for dinner.

I sat down on the floor to make sure everything was fine with the kids. As I started to watch T.V., this little kid comes (probably a little younger than Asma) and sits on my lap. I don't know why, but he seemed to like me. Out of nowhere, he comes and sits on my lap and wouldn't move.

Well, as you may have guessed it, Asma stopped whatever she was doing and walked over towards me. She stands by me and looks at the little boy sitting on my lap. Subhana'Allah I could tell quite clearly she was jealous and did not like how the boy was on my lap. Her facial expression and body language gave it away.

She started to push the boy out of my lap - making room for herself. To be honest, I wanted to laugh, but I kept it inside. Just cracked a smile at the most.

The little boy didn't know what was going on. As I sat with my legs crossed, I took the little boy and placed on my right leg and let Asma sit on my left leg.

Although it is not exactly what she wanted (she wanted me to herself and the boy to leave), she sat on my leg and remained quiet as she held me, refusing to let go.

This was such a long time ago, yet to this day, I still remember it. Each time I think about it, I always end up smiling if not laughing.

Subhana'Allah I miss that a lot. She didn't like anyone (besides my family) coming near me. Otherwise, she would get very jealous.

Subhana'Allah I miss her a lot.

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah elevate Asma's status in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents for all that they've gone through. Ameen
May Allah give them complete shiffa. Ameen
May Allah give us all sabr to deal with this. Ameen
May Allah give us the chance to prepare for death and take our souls in the state of Islam. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 07, 2008 1:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was a very cute and touching story- it so like children to want their loved ones all to themselves!

    Inshallah, Allah will grant all of you a place in Jannah for your sabr...and Ameen to all your duas.

    You know, it's funny, but I think I'm friends with your sister. I started at CoD about two semesters ago and we've been friends since then. Random coincidence.

     
  • At Friday, October 24, 2008 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mashallah i would have been jealous too if i had a brother ,so cute mashallah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>