This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Sister, A Friend

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

Yes, once again I need Asma - especially right now.

I remember, whenever I would have a tough time or be down about something, I'd go to Asma just to speak. All I need to do was go to her and talk to her. She would sit there and listen to me vent. She would not tell me to go away or say she is busy.

Strange how the age difference between us was about 11 years, but she acted as if she was my age because she would always speak to me in a mature way. She would even do her best to me give me naseeha (or advice).

When people turned their backs, she was there (even when sick).

When people didn't care, she did (even when sick).

When people didn't have time, she did (even when sick).

I can only think about those times now. Thats all I can do. She isn't coming back.

I guess I just have to get over being down. I mean, what else can I do?

She was not only a sister to me, but also a great friend.

: (

May Allah bless her Soul. Ameen
May Allah reunite us all with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah elevate her status in Jannah to the highest. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents for what they went through and give them sabr. Ameen
May Allah take our Souls as Believers. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 29, 2008 7:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

    Ameen to your beautiful du'aa. May Allah swt lighten your load and unite you with your best friend soon.

    I was thinking of your blog (Asma') just now, and an idea popped in my head .. maybe you could set up a project/waqf (I don't really have any creative ideas at the moment) on behalf of Asma' .. it's great fun, great da'wa and most importantly, it's for Asma' =)

    Perhaps others have suggested, and perhaps you're busy, but it was in my head and I had to get it out :-D

    May Allah ease your family's pain and reward you for the strong faith you have in Him, ameen.

     
  • At Friday, February 29, 2008 10:58:00 AM, Blogger AllAboutAsma said…

    Walaikumassalaam Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

    Ameen to your dua'a.

    JazakAllah Khair for your comments on the posts that you've been leaving.

    Actually, I'm not sure if anyone has suggested that - you may be the first.

    I like your idea, Masha'Allah. I'd like to pursue that. If you come up with ideas, would you please let me know?

    Jazak'Allah Khair.

    May Allah bless you. Ameen

    - Omar

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>