This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just Had a Dream of Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

I literally woke up a few minutes ago and walked over to my computer right away. I just had a dream of Asma, Alhamdulillah. I figured I'd post about it.

It is strange. Just the other day I was wondering why Asma hasn't been coming into my dreams lately. I think about Asma all the time and just wish to see her once again. I'm always anxious to see her in my dreams. Every night I go to sleep, I pray that I get to dream about her.

Do I get sad or do I get happy when I dream of her? Honestly, I really do not know. I guess it is a mixed feeling. It is sad because she is histroy now and will never come back to this dunya. It is sad because I miss her. At the same time, it is a great feeling to be able to dream of her because it is soothing to my heart. I dont know why, but it feels nice and soft inside. I actually get to see her and hear her soft voice. Either way, I do not want to stop dreaming of her.

In this dream, Asma appeared to be a bit younger. She was about 6-8 years old. She was looking very pretty in her pink clothes - a sweat shirt to go with her sweat pants. She had no sign of any illness or wounds.

She had the same silky black hair down to her shoulders. Well, a bit below her shoulders. Her skin was so soft and flawless of any blemishes.

I brought her into some sort of an Indian/Pakistani store where they were going to have a 'sisters only' event and sing nasheeds or something similar. The part that was strange was that although she appeared to be perfectly normal and healthy, in my mind I knew she was sick and was going to die. I was even carrying her in my arms the same way I did when she had a tumor in her leg and even when they amputated it. However, in the dream, she had both legs and was free of any cancer or illness.

I set her down on a futon (it is like a bed which can fold into a sofa) with pillows on it. For a few minutes, she was playing with me and laughing. She was playing with me like she used to. She was laughing the same as she did when she was here and healthy.

After a while, I she was yawning and put her head down on the pillow. She was closing her eyes and asked me to get my father. She wanted him to be with her when she went to sleep.

When she was with us, she wouldn't go to sleep without my father. He would put her to sleep many times by massaging her head, arms or legs. Even during her last moments of her life with us, she wanted my father to be near her. If you read my post about the day she passed away, you will see the part where she even gave her hand to my father and looked at him during her last seconds. Subhana'Allah :'(

Before I could get my father in the dream, I woke up. It was a bittersweet feeling. It brought back memories of both sad and happy times. Alhamdulillah, the happy memories outweighed the sad ones this time. Still, I can feel the heaviness in my heart.

I was under my blanket when I woke up. Before getting up to walk over to the computer, all I said was, 'I miss her.'

:'(

May Allah elevate Asma's status/level in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah send Asma into our dreams until we are reunited. Ameen
May Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path. Ameen
May Allah take our Souls as Believers. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents greatly for what they have done and gone through. Ameen
May Allah give my parents complete shiffa and sabr. Ameen
May Allah protect my parents. Ameen
May Allah protect us all from fitnah. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaamu 'alykum wa Rahmatullaah

    Akhy nice to see you update, your posts about Asma are always inpirational and heart-rendering mashaa Allaah.

    I envy you akhy that you have see Asma in your dreams and have so many fond memories, I wish I could see my father in my dreams but I was a kid so dont remember much, and I wish I could see my brother and sister too but they passed away before I was even born.

    I pray that we are reunited with our loved ones in Jannatul Firdaws ameen.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah,

    May Allah SWT Reunite you and your family with Asma in Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen.

    That was a very touching post. May Allah SWT Make it easy for you and your family. Ameen.

    Ma'asalam.

     
  • At Monday, February 11, 2008 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SubhanAllah..that really touches the heart. May Allah (SWT) make it easy for you. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>