This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Zoo

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

For one of my classes, I had to go to the zoo today to observe the behavior of the animals - including the animal I'm doing my research on for my grant proposal.

Quite frankly, the only reason why I went was because I had to. As I mentioned to my mother, I really did not want to go.

Why? Well, because it reminded me of Asma.

Asma loved to go to the zoo. She loved animals from rabbits to lions to elephants. I remember when she was younger, she would actually chase the rabbits in our backyard. She would run around chasing them thinking she would actually capture one. It was quite amusing to say the least.

There were many moments during my time at the zoo where Asma would pop into my mind out of nowhere. Instead of doing what I needed to do, I would just start day dreaming of Asma and how she loved animals and loved to be at the zoo. Then all of a sudden I'd snap out of it and continue on with my work. This would happen quite often.

She would have loved the animals that I saw today. I think she would have loved the polar bear and the dolphins the most.

She had a natural soft spot for animals. She pretty much found everything cute. lol

If we were watching a show on animals or if she saw an animal outside, she would start saying 'Awwwww!' or 'Awww its sooooo cute!'

I'd just turn my head towards and give her this 'Uhh, you're strange' look. She would just start laughing- sometimes hysterically.

Good times. Alhamdulillah I was able to have good times with her. They have become memories now.

But at the same, those memories make me sad. They made me sad today at the zoo. As a result, I quickly did my work and left as I did not want to stay any longer. It was getting a bit too much for me towards the end. I wasn't really into the animals anymore.

May Allah bless her Soul. Ameen
May Allah reunite us once again with Asma. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and take our Souls in the state of Islam. Ameen
May Allah protect us all. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents for what they have endured. Ameen
May Allah give them and us all sabr. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, March 03, 2008 3:05:00 PM, Blogger mutmai'naa said…

    Assalamualaikum brother,
    I have noticed recently that you have been posting more frequent. Insha'Allah, you are becoming stronger and stronger as the days pass. I have no idea why but I find it kind of comfort reading about Asma. It's funny because I have never been in such a situation that you have been and yet I still find a sense of reassurance. Insha'Allah looking forward to your next posting =)

     
  • At Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

    Inshaa-Allah you and your family are in the best of eman and health.

    I'm sorry for the late reply. I had this list of ideas, but last weekend I got sick and didn't get around to posting them - all better now Alhamdullilah.

    It's interesting that you wrote about zoo, because initially I was thinking about projects like a mini-zoo or something (because Asma' loved animals!), and then I thought .. maybe it was too complicated.

    So new set of ideas! =) Inshaa-Allah .. ready?

    (I focus on ped's ward and orphanage, but of course these ideas could be applied anywhere)

    1) Decorating/painting wall of pediatric wards. There is this one ped's ward where we had a group of men from the navy came in, and they painted the wall with the "under the sea" theme. They even made a small pond just outside the ward and hung pictures of ships and boats on the wall. The nurses then ordered uniforms and curtains that match the theme, it was awesome, mashaa-Allah!

    2) .. ^ or you could do the same at an orphanage.

    3) Waqf of books for mini-library or toys for play-room. - or you could also paint the walls of these rooms if you like ..

    4) Waqf of wheel-chairs (they are very expensive I know) to ped's wards/hospitals. Eveytime someone use them, the hasanaat will keep pouring in inshaa-Allah.

    5)Waqf of bicycles to orphanage homes.

    ok I think that's all I got for now. May Allah swt reward you and your family for the trials that you're going through. Inshaa-Allah every day is a day closer to meeting with Asma', ameen.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:49:00 AM, Blogger Almira said…

    It is good that you see your sister in everything you do, mash'allah this is proof that the soul lives on.

    Brother GQ do you still have your blog on clear blogs?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>