This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Monday, April 07, 2008

Old Memories

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

I am working on a presentation for one of my classes. My presentation is on Osteosarcoma - the same cancer that Asma had.

So as I'm searching the net for images and some info, it made me feel scared. I guess it was bringing back old memories. Really, it felt like the day Asma was diagnosed all over again.

My heart would tremble and my and my eyes would tear up. There aren't really any words to describe this. You start to think about the old times and the hardships Asma and my family went through. You can't help but get down. What can you do? What do you do?

You try to convince yourself that it will be okay and one day Insha'Allah we can be reunited with Asma once again. Although all that may be true, you still can't let go of the fact that she was once here and now she is gone. How can you stop yourself from missing her?

You cannot. Just can't.

I just thought I'd post about this. Tomorrow is my presentation. We'll see how that goes. Make dua'a for me Insha'Allah ta'la.

May Allah bless my parents for what they have endured during this ordeal. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah elevate Asma's status to the highest. Ameen
May Allah give us all patience. Ameen
May Allah take our souls in the state of Islam. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 24, 2008 7:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how did your presentation end up going?the first time i started reading your blog in depth i looked up osteosarcoma but the statistics made me to sad.reminded me of asma and i just left the window open and stopped reading about it. :(

    im so happy she gets to go to Jannah though

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>