This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Asma and Abedullah As Our Reminders

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

So the other day I read some of the comments posted in my last entry by a fellow Muslim (dont know if it was a brother or sister who posted it) from my area. He/she mentioned a little 12 year old boy, Abedullah, had passed away just recently (I think last week on Thursday). The Salatul Janazah for him was held at the masjid I frequent.

Anyhow, the next day my dad mentioned to me he received an e-mail from somebody or from some mailing list that he is on. He told me it was about a 12 year old boy who died . I asked him if it was Abedullah and he said yes.

Stuff like this hits home harder because we can relate and feel the pain of the family losing a young child/sibling.

Then we started talking about how many others there are in the situation as us and how we arent the only ones. There are many, many others who are going through what my parents and family are going through. Many more have it worse.

I mean Subhana'Allah, there are many Muslims out there who have lost their kids, parents, siblings, wives/husbands in wars and accidents that happen everyday.

Every couple weeks you hear about some Muslim brother or sister dying in a car accident. Sometimes you hear about a fellow Muslim/Muslimah locally getting murderded. And of course you always hear about Muslims getting slaughtered in countries like Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia just to name a few. The list can go on and on.

I'm not saying that we always ignored other people and only worried about our situation. lol It's not like that nor was it ever. It's just that hearing stuff like this reassures us we arent alone and in many cases, others have it worse who have lost everything. Everything.

Wallah our hearts go out to people who have lost their children. Even I dont know the feeling of losing a child. I cant imagine what my parents go through. I dont know how they deal with it. I mean its hard enough losing a baby sister who was very dear to me. Losing a child? I cant imagine it.

Looking at other peoples hardships should be a reminder to us as well. We should look at how others have it worse. We should look at how others still remain steadfast despite the trials they are going through. Whatever trial you going through, think about others have it worse. Think about the previous nations had it much harder than us. Think about the trials the Sahabas went through. They had trust and faith in Allah Subhanawata'la which made them get through hardships.

May Allah elevate Asma's and Abedullah's status in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah keep them with Ibrahim and Sarah (AS).
May Allah reunite us with them once again. Ameen
May Allah give the parents and the families sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah make us guide us all and make us better Muslims and take our souls as Believers. Ameen
May Allah protect all the Muslims around the world. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aslaamalaikum Omar bhai,

    it is a odd mystery how some people reminds us about our own loved ones in a similair way, and moments like this really makes us realise that there are other ppl aswell in this world who suffer the same amount as we ourself have done some times even more, Allahu-A'alam

    Amiin, Sumamiin for ur dua'a
    and remember that Allah works in mysterious way... which we are not ment to understand ...

    Allah Hafiz

     
  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:23:00 AM, Blogger UmmShurahbeel said…

    aameen allaahumma aameen :(

     
  • At Friday, March 23, 2007 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Muslim Freedom said…

    Salam,

    I'm always checking out this blog, and it's good that despite everything that's going on, you're always updating it.
    Keep it up!
    I don't think anybody had it harder than the prophet (PBUH).
    I've been meaning for sometime to report on atleast a good bit of news, since there's so much bad news around us nowadays.

    There was this girl I mentioned on your blog before, and she was also diagnosed with cancer.
    Subhan Allah, all the things you described in your sister, about prayer, reading quran etc.
    It's like it was the same exact person.
    She's been treated with chemotherapy and has a 80% chance of full recovery is what I've heard.
    Alhamdulilah!
    Although it's gonna be a long and tough period, and she's gonna have to go to the hospital every month.
    I'm a bit sketchy about the detail.
    The problem is we don't know them very well, and they're a friend, of a friend, of a friend.

    I hope you're ok bro.
    I couldn't care if I died today, cause everybody alive is gonna die anyway.

     
  • At Monday, April 02, 2007 10:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i came across you blog while i was flipping through some of maniac Muslim forum old threads

    i know you heard this many times but i have to say great blog

    i will make a dua for your sister

     
  • At Thursday, September 06, 2007 3:30:00 AM, Blogger Ahmed said…

    Its hard to lose your love once but they have to returned... regarding Asma , i can see ur love for . may allah give u strength. and may allah keep asma happy. amin

    best regards

    Ahmed
    Ahmed.a.k.lodhi@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>