This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, December 01, 2006

"Snowy" Memories

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabaraktuh,

Today we have gotten our first snowfall. I dont know how many inches, but I'd say about 6-8 inches. Of course, as with everything, it reminded me of Asma.
As I was outside snowblowing the snow off of the driveway, my neighbors asked me to do theirs as well.

One of my neighbors gave me a chocolate cake for removing snow from his driveway. Too bad I cant eat sweets. lol My other neighbor gave me $20 for removing snow. That reminded me of something. I remember when I was younger, I'd go around the block removing peoples snow from their driveway with my snowblower. Of course, with me, both of my sisters would tag along even though sometimes I would tell them to stay home. Asma would come along with her mini pink shovel. lol She would play around more than anything while I'd be removing snow.

Then in the end, both of my sister would get paid too! They would get all happy. Asma would ask Aysha what she would do with the money they got. They would end up saving it for something later on. Of course, that would them come with me even more because they will get money too.

Then they would come home all happy with the money they had gotten for playing around. lol

Insha'Allah Im going to try to dig up some pictures of Asma in snow from the past.

The other memory that came to my mind was when Asma was in the hospital getting chemo. It was night time and there was a blizzard outside. I had a night class at the time, but I ended up not going. I just ended up spending time with Asma. It may not seem much of a memory to someone reading this, but to me it is. For some reason, that night always comes up in my mind. :( Sad, I know.

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again in the Akhirah. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and keep us on the straight path. Ameen
May Allah take the pain away from my parents and give them sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah make it easy upon us. Ameen.
May Allah elevate Asma's level in Jannah to the highest. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SubhanAllah. Asma (may Allah have mercy on her) and Aysha are just so wonderful.

    I totally understand why you would remember the night in hospital.

     
  • At Monday, December 11, 2006 12:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamu'alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraktuh Bro,

    Subhan'Allah what a sweet heart dear Asma was! I'm sure she left many beautiful memories behind.

    Ameen to your adeya. And may Allah guide and bless you, Aysha and all your family. And may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen

     
  • At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    assalamu alikum.
    i came by site totally randomly. i jus wanted to convey my salams to you and may ur sis attain the hights maqam in the akhirah inshallah
    take care jazakallah khair

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>