This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Asma and Her Goat

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

So as the days are passing by and approaching Eid, I am thinking more and more about how I am going to slaughter the goat(s) at the farm after the prayer, Insha'Allah. As I was thinking about the past and how I slaughtered before, I remembered how Asma was with there with me.

I started to look for the pictures that were taken there and for a while couldnt find them. Just the other day I stumbled upon them and found the picture I was looking for, Alhamdulillah.

As you can see in the pic below, Asma is holding onto the horn (is that what you call it? Sorry my mind isnt working that well right now) and posing with the goat. lol She loved animals.

This is the goat that she picked out. When I was getting ready to slaughter the goat, I told Asma to watch me as I did. At first she tried to watch as I was getting ready, but as I was doing it, she covered her eyes with her hands and said, "I cant look." lol

When my mom cooked it, Asma couldnt eat it because she was sad and felt so attached to the goat. lol It was pretty funny. When I was slaughtering it, it was as if she wanted to cry because she was so sad. lol

Anyhow, here is the pic, Insha'Allah:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see she has real short hair. Its because it was right after she had chemo and her hair started to grow back. She has been wheelchair bound ever since she became ill.

Insha'Allah I got more pics coming up soon. Keep checking back for more.

Sometimes when I post pics, it throws off this blog. The column in the right side is for some reason pushed all the way down.

May Allah elevate Asma's level to the highest in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reunite my family and I with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah keep us on the straight path and forgive us of our sins. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents greatly for their efforts and the sacrifices that they have made for Asma. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, yeah I can't stand seeing animals slaughtered either.
    You know I completely understand your sis.
    I remember the first time I saw a cow being slaughtered infront of me.
    It was the most bitter thing I tasted, because I actually saw the blood drop like water from a tap, and they even brought in a pump to get all the skin off and sell it.

    Mate, how can you have the heart to do something like that?
    LOL, I know we all get meat from butcher shops and supermarkets, and what have you.
    Your sis was right to feel bad, its not really such a pretty site.

     
  • At Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaamu3alykum wa Rahmatullah

    mashaAllah im sure Asma rahmatullah 'alyha picked out the best goat and dont blame her for not being able to watch or eat the goat bless her

    mashaAllah you were able to do the slaughtering, someone has to we cant all be a wuss!

    Ameen to all the du3as

    wassalaam

     
  • At Friday, January 26, 2007 1:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ur blog really touched me ... and i hope ur sis is high heavens

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>