This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Would have been 14 years old

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

First of all, I have fixed the problem when subscribing to this blog. Now you should be able to subscribe. If you're still unable to do so, let me know Insha'Allah.

If you see anything else wrong on this blog, please let me know. Jazak'Allah khair.

----------

Asma would have turned 14 years old yesterday. She was born on October 9th, 1992. Actually she was born around the same day (Friday) and the same time as she passed away. Even though that doesnt mean much, just thought it was interesting.

Like the rest of the family, Asma didnt celebrate birthdays. She knew it was wrong to celebrate not just birthdays, but other days that arent proven from the Sunnah.

Whenever people would ask her what she did for/on her birthday, she would say, "Nothing."

lol They would be surprised and be like, "Huh...what...nothing?" or "Okayyyy..."

Asma wouldnt feel bad or embarrassed at all. She would go on to say, "I dont celebrate birthdays. Its against my religion."

She would say that or something to that extent.

Asma was tried her best to live and act according to the Quran and Sunnah. She put me to shame.

In fact, she would challenge even the elders when she would see something that was a bidah (innovation) or haraam (forbidden).

Asma would ask, "Did the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam do it? Did he tell you to do it?"

If someone replied "No," Asma would ask, "Then why are you doing it?"

Wallahi, Asma was very strong with her beliefs and held her ground.

After I started to grow my beard, Asma knew it wasnt from the Sunnah to trim the beard. Before, when I used to think about trimming it, Asma told me she wouldnt talk to me if I ever trimmed it.

Once I actually did trim it and she became upset with me. Really, she was upset and kept asking me why I did it. She actually talked some sense into me. lol

Anyways, whether it'd be food from birthdays or some day in which people do bidah, Asma refused to eat it.

Thats how strong she was.

During Taraweeh two nights ago, I kept thinking of Asma. I kept thinking how much I miss her. I kept thinking how much I loved her. I kept thinking how much I want to be reunited with her again after I die.

I hope I can make it to Jannah and see her. I'm really afraid to die.

I cant even imagine to think what she would be like at the age of 14. Wow, I wish I knew.

Asma always used to say that she didnt want to be a teenager. She said that because she saw how the kuffar are when they get older and the (haraam) things they do. Asma wanted any of that and was disgusted by it.

She hated it. She said she never wants to go near it and doesnt want any part of it.

She passed a little before turning 13. Interesting, isnt it?

Its so wierd how Asma used to tell me she would never make it to 18 years old as if she knew for sure.

One day I was talking to Asma and asked, "So are you going to dance at my wedding?"

Asma smiled and replied, "No."

I said, "No? Why not?" as I was a confused.

Asma then says, "Because I will never make it (to see your wedding)." You just watch..."

She said this all while smiling.

That crushed me. I was sad. I was heartbroken. I wanted to cry.

It was as if she knew her death was coming. Not only that, Im surprised how well she took it. I mean when people know they are dying or would die soon, they freak out. Yet here she is, just fine knowing she wont live long.

Dont get me wrong...Asma never gave up. She took her medication as much as she could. She did whatever she had to do. She went in for physical therapies.

Asma was a true fighter. She was a soldier. Allahu Akbar!

Its just that I guess she being realistic. At the time, I guess we convinced ourselves that Asma was going to live and will make it. Even to the last minute of her life, we thought she would make it.

My mom didnt even believe it when she died. My mom just said that Asma was sleeping because shes very tired.

:'( Gosh that was one of the hardest things to hear and see. :'(

I always loved her. I love her. I will always love her.

I miss her a lot and nothing can take that feeling away.

I just, no way in hell, can imagine what my parents are going through. Wow.

As I went to a funeral yesterday, it was bringing back memories of Asma and her funeral and funder procession. It was sad.

Subhana'Allah there were people there I never even met in my life. Wallah the funeral procession was so long, that the police had to come and block off the traffic. We didnt even ask for it. They just came and did it themselves. People have said the procession was miles long.

The Salatul Janazah was packed. I mean packed. People have said there were about 500-700 people. I believe it. It was packed.

Allahu Akbar...

All this for a little girl.

She was a true soldier...she fought till the end. She kept faith in Allah till the end. She tried to follow the Sunnah till the end. She challenged and tried to destroy any bidah and kufr till the end.

I wish I can say that about myself...

I wish I can kiss her once more... :'(

May Allah reunite my parents, my family and myself with Asma once again in the akirah. Ameen
May Allah forgive her sins and raise her level in Jannah to the highest. Ameen
May Allah give my parents shiffa and sabr. Ameen
May Allah give my family shiffa and sabr. Ameen
May Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path. Ameen.

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

8 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i still like your blog...

    -your friend Hilal.

     
  • At Friday, October 13, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Subhan Allaah... I jus happened to come upon this blog by chance at the beginning of Ramadan and have been reading the various archives since... I showed it to my husband as well... we both were this close to losing it, since we felt waves of sadness and despair at reading this blog... the only thing that kept us sane (I guess) was recalling the calamity of the death of Rasool Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and acknowledging how his death was the greatest grief to mankind... we can only imagine how his beloved sahabah and his beloved wives, children, relatives and grandchildren felt at that time... to know that the greatest man on this earth had left them forever... only to be reunited in jannah... inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.
    May Allaah enable us to adhere to His kitaab and sunnah and may He the most High give us those tests that we can bear... may He enable us to pass His tests. May He make our tests a means of us entering Al Jannah... aameen... Allaah humma aameen!

     
  • At Monday, October 16, 2006 1:36:00 PM, Blogger mortalmuslim said…

    assalamoaliekum
    innalillahi wainna eliehi rajioon!!
    may Allah bless her with jannatulfirdaous.

     
  • At Monday, October 16, 2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Ally said…

    Assalamu alaikum,

    Aww.. subhan'Allah. Asma seemed like such a wise lil girl. Your blog always brought tears to my eyes and it still does. You and your family are always in my du'as. Hope you're well and having a blessed Ramadan insha'Allah.

    Wassalam,
    MuslimFaith

     
  • At Friday, October 20, 2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Veiled Muslimah said…

    Assalam Alaykum,

    Wow subhaallah... Mashallah she sounds very mature and strong.

    Your family is in my duas. I hope the pain heals in time.

    Ameen to the duas.

    Maásalamah

     
  • At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Muslim Freedom said…

    Ameen to the duaas.
    Stay strong, may Allah reunite you and your family in jannah, inshaAllah.

     
  • At Friday, October 27, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you and your family are in my duaa brother.

     
  • At Friday, October 27, 2006 5:41:00 PM, Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said…

    subhannallah...

    Ameen to the duas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>