This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Asma and My Little Cousins

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

Today my khala (mom's sister) came over with her husband and her three daughter aged 3, 8, and 10 (I think that is their ages lol).

Anyways, they are so much fun to be around and play with. They really remind me of Asma. Asma loved to play with them. Whenever my khala would ask them what they wanted to do, they would immediately say, "Lets go to Aysha and Asma baaji's house." (Saying baaji is a way of showing respect to an older female, usually a sister).

Whenever they would come over my house when Asma was alive (wow it feels wierd saying that), they would walk up to Asma. Asma would then pull out her candy box and proceed to give each and every one of the kids a piece of candy.

Asma loved to give things to people. She liked to give more than she liked to get things. She loved to make people happy and see them smile. Subhana'Allah.

Asma had a huge stash of candy and gum. lol Whenever I wanted a piece of gum, I would go and ask Asma to see if she had any.

She wouldnt let anyone go in her candy box, except me. For some reason she had given me permission to go in her candy box and take candy out whenever I wanted to. lol I still asked though, just to make her happy.

Anyways, the youngest one of the three daughters of my khala loves me. She calls me, 'Omo' since she cant say 'Omar." lol

So whenever she sees me, she would yell out 'Omo' and start laughing. She would play with me the whole time. She would jump on me, try to knock me down, pull my beard, or ask to sit on my shoulders while I walk around. Sometimes she would ask for a piggy back ride.

The other two cousins of mine, would act all silly with me. The middle would sometimes jump on me as well.

All the stuff they do, reminds me of Asma. In fact, the whole time Im playing with them, Asma would be in my mind.

Today the 10 year old was hungry. She wanted some food. I took her to the kitchen and asked what she wanted and gave her food.

That totally reminded me of Asma. Asma always asked me for food. Even if everyone was around and I was upstairs in my room, she would call me downstairs and tell me to give her food. She loved to eat.

As I recall correctly, one of Asma's last meal was cheese Ravioli that I had made for her. It was probably a few days before she passed away that she asked me for some. I went to the store and brought it home. I cooked it and gave it to her.

She loved it. However, because her system was shutting down and because she was weak, she didnt eat much.

One thing that Asma loved were my sandwiches. lol She told everyone that I make the best sandwiches. She even preferred me to make them over my mom or dad.

If she was hungry and I was eating by her, she would get hungry too. lol

Asma: "Omar, make me a sandwich."
Me: "Okay, what kind?"
Asma: "Whatever you are eating."
Me: hehe "Okay, what do you want in it?"
Asma: "Whatever you have in it."
Me: "Okay, do you want tomatoes?"
Asma: "Are you eating tomatoes?"
Me: "Yes."
Asma: "Then I want some too."
Me: "Okay. Do you want ketchup?"
Asma: "Are you eating it?"
Me: "Yes."
Asma: "Then I want some. I told you I want whatever you are eating."
Me: "Ohhhh, I get it...You want to be just like me. Aww, how cute!"
Asma: "Yeah right Omar. You're wierd."

Then she would just start laughing. lol We used to joke so much with each other. Sometimes people didnt understand our jokes, except for us two.

I just thought Id share this. My cousins left a while ago. Ive been thinking Asma even more now.

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah give my parents sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah elevate Asma's status in Jannah to the highest. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Awww that was such a cute story, Omo. Lol. It really put a smile on my face. Thats what my little cousin calls my brother too since she cant say his name. Ameen to the duas.

     
  • At Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Niqaabi1210 said…

    Asalamualaykum,

    Ameen to ur duas : )

    Every soul have to taste death.

    To Allah we all belong, and to HIM we shall return.

    sooner or later its our turn to return to our Rabb.

    Memories are always going to be there...SubhanAllah.

    May Allah swt make it easy for you and ur family Ameen.

    InshaAllah khayr.

    walaykum Salaam Warahmatullah.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Veiled Muslimah said…

    Assalam Alaykum,

    Aww yeah. Adorable story, but i still don't know how your able to cope with it. I wouldn't be. May Allah s.w.t give your family more sabr. Children are adorable mashallah, and a blessing of Allah s.w.t. Haha Omo. That's what my brother is called too.

    Ameen to the duas.

    Walaykumsalam wr wb.

     
  • At Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohhh... this is the first tym im at this blog...

    may allah swt grant ur sista peace and paradise,and may we all be able to join her in an abode of complete peace inshallah when we die...

    inna lillaha wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 8:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asma: "Yeah right Omar. You're wierd."


    that made me laugh.7abooba

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>