This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I love you...

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

There are a few things Id give up my life for...one of them was definately for Asma. There were times where people didnt treat her right or that she felt threatened.

There were times where Asma burst into tears or put her head down in grief.

Watching my sister shed tears or as she put her head down in sorrow broke my heart. It tore me apart into pieces. I would just wish I could trade places with her and give her happiness and take her broken heart away.

Asma always kept it inside and tried not to show it to anyone. She didnt want to put anyone through pain that she was going through. She felt like it was her problem and that no one else deserves to be put through her problems.

However, of course we, as a family, wouldnt let that happen. We would always be there for her and support her.

I personally would tell her I love her and would always be there for her. I always told her to tell me if ANYONE or ANYTHING is bothering her.

I always told her that I would knock anyone out that messes with her and makes her cry. She would start laughing, but took me seriously.

She knew I'd do anything for her no matter what happened. She knew I would put myself before her even if it meant getting hurt mentally and/or physically.

With all the pain she went through up until the last day of her life, one thing she always knew was that she had full family support from her parents and siblings. She knew she could count on us. She knew we loved her. She knew we cared for her.

I took pride in taking care of her and watching out for her. She truly was a pleasure to have in my life.

The fact that Asma knew she had full support and care and love from us, made her confident and enjoyed whatever time she had with us.

The reason why Im posting this is because I want everyone to think about their loved ones and to realize that our time in this life is short. We dont know when we may go. We dont know when our time may be up.

Try to spend as much time as possible with your loved ones before its too late. You will only have memories left when that person is gone. You cannot bring back time. You will only regret not spending time with that special person.

You will always cherish memories. I know, and so do all those people who have lost their loved ones.

For one more time, I wish I can tell us Asma, "I love you..."

:'(

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah give my parents and family shiffa and sabr. Ameen
May Allah open up our hearts and guide us all. Ameen
May Allah allow us to spend as much time possible with our loved ones. Ameen
May Allah forgive us all. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

6 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 4:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    assalamualykum. akhe, i completly understand what you mean b/c i went through the same thing when my older brother was murdered. Your story..and the story of Asma's life is so inspirational. may Allah grant both my brother and Asma al-firdouas. may Allah make it easy for your family, especially your mother. may Allah give you all sabr.

    I know it still is hard...just keep doing your thang for her sake. masalama wa Allah Ma3ek.

     
  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mashaallah...that was really heart-touching. Inshaallah Asma will wait at the gate of Jannah for you and your family. Everyone will be with their loved ones in Akhierah.
    Inshaallah. Ameen.

     
  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    May Allah reward Asma, you, and your family for all that you have gone through. Ameen to the duas. Take care.

     
  • At Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats really sad, how old was asma? (random sis)

     
  • At Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:41:00 PM, Blogger AllAboutAsma said…

    She was 8.5 when she developed cancer.

    12 when she passed away.

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i alwys tell my sister that we shouldnt argue over stupid things becuase maybe if we left each other on those terms it might be the last time ever.that would kill me .

    i always think about death how is it going to feel if someone clsoe to me dies or how will they be if i die?

    i wish i knew her :< inshallah in jannah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>