This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thanking Allah...

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

Its been almost 13 months since Asma passed away. I look back and think how the time went by so fast. It feels like yesterday when she passed away.

I sit and reflect on the things we, as a family, went through. Words cant even begin to describe it. The ear piercing screams that woke up the hospital floor to the traumatic events are left engraved in my mind.

I never really posted anything about her physical condition. I never really posted about what her wounds looked like nor did I post about how on a few occasions she was losing blood as if she had blood gushing out from a fountain...literally.

Many of you guys dont know that part of her and our life. There were family members that didnt even have the stomach to see her wounds. The odor of dried blood was something we got used to. The sight of her leg with a big hole with pieces of dead skin hanging over it wasnt something anyone could see. Not only that, you could see her tumor inside of her leg because the skin was gone and the insides of her leg were visible. Imagine what she went through.

Her whole back started to peel. You could see the fat that was underneath the skin because she became paralyzed and couldnt get off her back which kept oxygen from circulatng.

This is just a glimpse of what happened. This is nothing. If I ever told any of you guys the things Asma went through and what I saw, you would be left in tears.

Subhana'Allah, like I said, words cant describe it.

Despite all that, Asma always was thankful to Allah Subhanawatalaa for giving her other leg and giving her the ability to eat, sleep, see and hear.

How often do we take these things for granted? Wallahi Asma NEVER EVER complained. Yet, here I complain about petty little things. I used to get mad when people went around spreading rumors about me both online and real life. However, now I just think whats the point? Even if I do get down, I think of how I will be rewarded. I think how a little girl did it. That puts me to shame.

If she could, she would come dragging herself in the other room with one leg so she can pray with us in Jamaat. Allahu Akbar!

Lets stop and take a minute to think how much we take for granted? How often do thank Allah for everything? How hard do we try to please Allah despite the difficulties?

Subhana'Allah I feel like Im failing right now... :(

May Allah grant Asma the highest level in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once gain in the hereafter. Ameen
May Allah give my parents and family sabr. Ameen
May we be thankful to Allah for everything. Ameen
May Allah open up our hearts and clear them of evil and harm. Ameen
May Allah forgive us and keep us on the straigth path. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ameen to all the duaas.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ameen to your Dua'as ...its always painful to read what u write about Asma and it brings tears to my eyes each time i read her blog ...u still write with deep feelings and emotions ...ur filled with so much love for Asman..may Allah subhanalla wata ala reward u for this Ameen ...

    salaam ...

     
  • At Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asma's blog had taught me the meaning of the word 'gratitude' towards God.
    Ameen to all your duas.

     
  • At Saturday, March 04, 2006 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SubhanAllah, the love that she had for Deen is unbelievable. I've never come across a girl like Asma's age who is really religious.

    May Allah grant her Jannah and unite Asma with her Family in the Akirah -Ameen-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>