This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Reminder: Death

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

So today after my dad and I got some groceries, we went to visit Asma.

Subhana'Allah everytime I go there, it brings back memories of the day when we buried her. Everything from her ghusl to her Janazah to the procession to the moment she was getting buried.

It was so sad and heartbreaking. Even now I cant really believe it that she is gone. World feels so empty. Wierd. Tasteless. Lost interest in the dunya (I guess thats a good thing).

There is a new grave by Asma's grave. Its the third grave in the Muslim section. Asma was the second one there.

My dad and I both got out and stood by her grave. We quietly made dua'a and left after a few minutes.

Its such a sad thing. Its sad when you think about her and start missing her. Its sad when you think of the memories and her laughter and her sweet voice.

Its also scary. Its scary when you think about you we too will end up in that place. It can be in 10 years, 10 months, 10 weeks, 10 days, 10 hours, or 10 seconds...you never know. However each day, you are one day closer. Subhana'Allah.

Visiting her grave is a constant reminder. It hits harder not only because she was my baby sister, but also because I saw her pass away literally right in front of my eyes.

Death is near. Are we ready for it?

Asma was an amazing little girl. Subhana'Allah we were blessed to have her in our lives even if it was for a short time.

I learned a lot from her. I still learn from her whenever I think of/about her.

Whenever I go to her grave, I think about what she would be doing. I think if she would know Im there and if she can hear her. I think what would her reaction be when I visit her.

Shes preserved now. She has left this world while still a little kid.

Im 24 and counting...

Im not a sinless person. If I die now, what will happen to me?

Scary. Very scary to think about it...

I hope I die a Muslim...

May Allah elevate Asma's level in Jannah to the highest. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma in the Akirah. Ameen
May Allah forgive us all and guide us all. Ameen
May Allah take us from this life while we are Muslims. Ameen
May Allah grant a spacious grave and save the people who passed away, from the fitnah of the grave and Akirah. Ameen
May Allah give my parents and family sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah reunite all the Muslims together in the Akirah. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

8 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Nobody is a sinless person. Nobody is perfect. Inshallah you will die a muslim, a good muslim. Don't even think like that. All you can do is try your best to be a BETTER muslim. Inshallah you will meet Asma at the sweet gates of heaven. Maybe you will see me there too lol who knows. All I know is that we have to prepare today to secure our future tomorrow. Ameen to the duas. Take it easy.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :D

    Ameen to each and every du'a. It's very unfortunate that your sister passed away at such a young age but the fact that you are taking something positive from her death is a good thing, masha'Allah. We all need those constant reminders in our life. Just the other day, for some reason, I was thinking "this daily routine of my life is not forever, even though it seems like it" We too will be called to our Lord, at any time.

    And when that moment comes, may we be ready for it, insha'Allah.

     
  • At Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why is it unfortunate?
    Shes in Jannah..the best place anyone could be!
    If thats not fortunate then what is?

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 1:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    squeeky said 'It's very unfortunate that your sister passed away at such a young age'...comment was for her..

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Whooopsie doodle.

    Anon, please excuse me for my wrong use of words. Alhamdulillah, she is in a beautiful place now and in peace. When I said 'unfortunate', I just meant that people have been grieving becuz such a lovely person has been taken away but due to that, a lot of people are aware of the reality of death and that we too, insha'Allah, will be experiencing this as well.

    Sowie.
    Fi-aman'Allah

     
  • At Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you bro . . .

    R.

     
  • At Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asma is in the best place ever!
    On the day of Judgement, she will be rejoicing with her family and loved one's Insha'Allah

    May Allah forgive us all
    and May Allah unite us with the people of Jannah
    - Ameen -

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As-Salamu Alaikum,
    This is strange I remember at the end we would be talking and you'd have to help Asma and how it was when she passed.
    As I read this for some reason I thought of when you all were Mexico ( the pizza place)lol.
    Insha-Allah you will be reunited on day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>