This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, February 17, 2006

Love For The Muslims

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

I know I have kind of slacked off updating this blog, but I had to do a few things that kept me busy.

Insha'Allah I will be updating more often.

The other day when I was thinking about Muslims dying, getting tortured, raped, and savagely beaten by the kuffar, I remembered the time where Asma was got very upset.

Subhana'Allah this story just motivates me and makes me realize how low and weak I am in Imaan. Asma at around 10 years of age had way more Imaan than I did...or atleast thats what it seemed like.

I remember watching a video of a Chechen fighter literally being slaugthered. The video was upclose with live sound. The kaffir had a knife and was slowly cutting the throat of the Muslim. You could hear and see the Muslim in pain and how he was choking on blood.

I came home and told my dad about that. My mother was there and so were my brother and Asma. Asma was on her bed downstairs playing and talking to us.

I had finished telling my father about the video and he was very sad and depressed. Asma had been quiet for the whole time I was telling the story.

All of a sudden, she started to weep really loud. She would crying so much, so loud. She felt so hurt and bad about the Muslim who was slaughtered. Subhana'Allah. :'(

Subhana'Allah look Asma loved Muslims so much. She hated the kuffar who did this. Allahu Akbar!

When I was 10, I didnt even know the difference. Asma stopped talking and hanging with the kuffar. She only spoke to Muslims. She loved the Muslims. She would do anything and everything for a fellow Muslim.

When she would hear about a Muslim in pain, she would lose sleep over it and keep thinking about it. Wallah she would do that.

One time we were at the hospital for Asma's appointment, the nurse told Asma to pick out a present. They all loved her. So Asma picked up a necklace (and I think earrings too). She told us she was going to give it to a Muslim girl who was also going through Osteosarcoma (type of cancer that Asma had). She said I know how it feels and I want to give it to her. Subhana'Allah look at that.

Asma loved presents and jewelry. Yet, she decided to give it to that girl instead of keeping it for herself. Subhana'Allah Asma never got to give it to her. Asma was really looking forward to meeting her, but for some reason the people didnt seem too eager to meet her. Allahu Alim. I could tell Asma felt so hurt. :( Asma thought it was because of her illness and her amputated leg.

Anyways, Asma put others before herself. She put Muslims before herself. If someone would do something for her, she would do the same in return, but more. She would take the extra step. Allahu Akbar!

Its such an honor to know that she was once my sister. I learned so much from her. Wallahi I did.

She had so much love for the Muslims. Allahu Akbar!

May Allah grant Asma the highest level in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah grant my parents and family shiffa and sabr. Ameen
May Allah grant shiffa and sabr to that girl and her family Asma got a gift for. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

16 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 17, 2006 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey there, assalamu'alaik ya Omar. SubhanALLAH! Such a big heart for a small girl! I'm in the volunteering line. I shall keep reminding myself of this account whenever I'm doing my job. Thank you bro, thank you for sharing this. May ALLAH grant your family shiffa and sabr and unite you with beloved Asma'.

    Don't feel pressurized to update this blog freuqently. We'll still keep visiting, inshaAllah!

     
  • At Friday, February 17, 2006 11:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Asma was such a sweet heart, Mashallah. Take care.

     
  • At Friday, February 17, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salams,

    Mashallah...touching story.

     
  • At Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:09:00 AM, Blogger MnM310 said…

    i cried the entire time i was reading about ur sister... i have a lil brother who i LUV to death, and to even concieve somethng like that happening is so horrific. I can only imagine what u and ur family went through and go through. I pray that Allah {swt} gives you strength in ur everyday lives...{Ameen}.

     
  • At Saturday, February 18, 2006 3:16:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    Assalamu alaykum,

    SubhanAllah. Ameen to all of your du'a.

    May that fallen Chechen fighter acheive the highest state of Jannah, al-Firdous, and may he receive protection from the fitna of the grave and saved from questioning.

    Ma assalama

     
  • At Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asma. May Allah grant her Jannah and give her peace ameen! She seems soo unreal..i mean she is sooo amaaazing mashAllah!


    P.S: about the video, I think i've seen it,is it the one where a man has a foot over this young white guy and they cut his throat in the middle...if it is...then it's not a muslim getting killed Allhumdulilah..but a russian soldier getting beheaded...if you really increase the volume..you can hear the mujahid sayin "bismillahir rahmanir raheem" ALLAHU AKBAR!

     
  • At Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Veiled Muslimah said…

    Assalam Alaykum bro,
    Whenever i read your blog i cry, subhanallah i cant imagine my brothers and sisters going through something like that. :-/ May Allah s.w.t grant them Jannah... your blog also reminds me of death and how we should always be preparing for the akhira.

    keep up the updates. May Allah s.w.t grant your family sabr.

     
  • At Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:39:00 PM, Blogger mayya said…

    Salaam
    I really like the dua you make at the end of each post. I hope Allah answers each one of them, inshAllah

     
  • At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalaam Alaikum brother..

    No doubt, Naik people deserve Jannat and am sure Asma will be in Jannat having fun :), and there is no doubt that naik people die soon because this Earth is not a place for them but Jannat is what made for them Only for them :))

    may Allah grant all your family peace, strenght and happiness Ameen!

    -Take cares, Allah Hafiz

     
  • At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All very touching and stuff, but osama is NOT a mujahid. Read up on the deffinition of mujahid and maybe you'll know.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:47:00 PM, Blogger Raja Pakistani said…

    Ameen to the duas. Inshallah you will see her again in Jannat-ul Firdaus.

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SubhanAllah, at such a young age she knew her Deen very well. We must all remember that on the Day of Judgement, we will be questioned about how we spent our youth. And by reading about Asma...I can't compare her with any young Muslimah today. And to have a sister like that would be the greatest gift from Allah (s.w.t)

    May Allah grant her the highest place in Jannah! -Ameen- : )

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like the background Quranic reading.
    Where did you get it and I didn't know blogspot lets you play it automatically?

    Thanks for the info in advance.

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:16:00 PM, Blogger Farzeen Mahmud said…

    As-salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

    Allahumma ameen wa ameen. Such a strong spirit Sis. Asma had. Masha Allah. Barakallahu feehaa wa feekum.

    Br. Faraz: It is Surat al-Hujurat recited by Shaikh Meshary el-Efasi. The link is [http://quran.islamway.com/rashed/049.mp3]. (I know b/c it is playing on my blog as well)

    Was-salam

     
  • At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Subhan'Allah after reading dis i wz left wid tears bcz of her beautiful character. Ameen 2 all ur beautiful du'as waslam

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    subhanallah i hated kuffar in elementary school too.shes so cool .i do have alot in common with her i even had the same hair style as she did in a school pic. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>