This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Interview with al-Istiqamah.com

Assalaamualaikum Warahmtuallah,

May this reach you in the best of health and Emaan. Ameen

It has been a few weeks or since I've last posted here mainly because I have been really busy but also because I was working on an interview.

Al-Istiqamah did an interview with me regarding Asma and her illness. There are many points covered in the interview which were not mentioned here on my blog.

Al-Istiqamah is a wonderful site, Masha'Allah. I'm not just saying this because of my relationship with them. I have come to know of this site before anything. May Allah bless them and reward them for everything they do and protect them from harm and evil. Ameen

Insha'Allah read the interview at My Little Sister Died of Cancer...

May Allah elevate Asma's status in Jannah to the highest. Ameen
May Allah reward my parents for everything they have gone through. Ameen
May Allah forgive us and guide us to the straight path. Ameen
May Allah take our souls in the state of Islam. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah give my parents and family complete shiffa and sabr. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 02, 2008 11:32:00 PM, Blogger mutmai'naa said…

    :'(

    upon reading that, I suddenly feel very cold and I can feel the 'lub, dub' of my heart...my throat feels tight and I feel like crying.

    Somebody said, "If it were not for the test of hardship and sincerity, there would be no proof of the sincerity of a person’s love for Allah. The one whose love of Allah is greater, has a greater degree of patience"...This is clearly evident in your case, masha'Allah :)

    SubhanAllah, what a girl. Never EVER in my entire life have I met (or heard of) such a God-fearing child. It really is amazing and I think you're lucky to have had such a sister. :'(

    ameen to your beautiful du'as.

     
  • At Sunday, May 04, 2008 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salam bro, I used to have a blog called muslimfreedom which I deleted sometime ago.
    I haven't been here in ages, and I have been meaning to come back and comment.
    I always used to read your posts and it helped me alot to look at my own self.

    Bro, iA may Allah reunite you and your family in jannah and spare you all the punishment of the grave and hellfire.
    Allah is truthful and He is your only hope for all of us, it is us who are in need of Him.
    We have to turn to Him again and again and again because this is the way we fight the shaytan, I find that praying night prayers and witr is a good way to help relieve pain.

    Sometimes however it seems so difficult to remain patient and even impossible because emotions are too strong.
    That's why its so hard to reach a station where we see everything as being beautiful because it is the will of Allah unveiling before us.

    Allah is close to us and we should ask and ask and keep asking, He is never tired of us asking, and iA he will love us more and more, and iA answer our prayers very soon.
    We're the need, we're the weak, we're the ones who need guidance and need help in all matters, we will be among the losers and live a life like sheep just eating like sheep lose and confused.

    Ameen to your duaas, I will remember you in my duaas iA, may Allah grant you what you desire in this life and the next for you and your family.
    Please brother don't forget me in your duaas.

    wasalam

     
  • At Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamu alaikum..
    I just want to let you know that I read your blog about Asma during my bout with cancer and chemo, and it made me so thankful. It gave me strength that a little girl could go through what she did with so little complaining. May Allah ease you and your family's pain.
    My thoughts as a cancer patient for my family - I wasn't sure if I would make it through the chemo, so I made it clear to them that I wanted them to be happy for me if I didn't make it, because I would Insha'Allah be in a better place. I cannot imagine your pain but I do wish to tell you that Allah promised Jannah to the believers, especially the children, so Insha'Allah you will find her there.
    Your family has been in my dua.
    Fi amanillah

     
  • At Friday, July 04, 2008 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    though i just read some of your blog, i can not stop writing something to you.
    But i found now i really do not know write something....
    I hope your family and you are fine, became stronger.
    We will keep good memory in our life, your sister did so. She also hope all of your are strong and happy in life. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaamu Alaykum br Omar,
    Did you get our email sent on 16th May? If not, I'll re-send it.

    We sent a printout of the interview to a few prisoners and some were actually speechless with awe at what little Asma endured. You and your family are in their duas, and in ours too of course.

    wasalam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>