This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, May 04, 2007

Another Girl With Cancer Just Like Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

Today I went to Islamic Foundation which is about 20 minutes away from my house for Jummah. Its the same masjid where the Salat ul Janazah was held for Asma. Anyhow, as I was leaving after I prayed Sunnah, I saw this kid I have known for a while now.

I met him at my old school about 3-4 years ago. One thing that makes him different from others that I know is that he has a sister who was also diagnosed with cancer. Coincidentally, she was also 12 years old and also had the same type of cancer, Osteogenicsarcoma (or Osteosarcoma).

I asked him how she was doing. Alhamdulillah, she has fully recovered and doing well. She too, like Asma, had chemotherapy, surgery and therapy. Masha'Allah she is doing very well. May Allah give her shiffa and sabr. Ameen

On the way home, I told my mom about it. My mom knows about her as well. She talked to the girl's mother on several occasions while Asma with us. My parents felt so bad for her and the family and knew exactly what they were going through. I know what the brother that I met was going through exactly. Its horrible. Its not something I'd wish upon my worst enemy. Its a feeling that I wish never to experience again.

Anyhow, we were thinking how she made it and doing well while Asma has passed away and is no longer with us. Asma and that girl would have been the same age. This led to the reminder that death doesnt distinguish. If it is written, it will happen. Nothing can stop it.

Allah Subhanawata'la had Willed for Asma to leave us on the morning of February 11th, 2005. However, He has Willed for that girl, who had the same cancer as Asma, to live and recover.

This should be a reminder to all of us. Many times we may question Allah's Will. However, who are we to do that? Who are we to question or challenge Allah and His Will?

One last thing before I end this post, I just want to share a quick story. Whenever I see the brother mentioned above, I think of his little sister and of course Asma. Moreover, I think about a particular incident that happened.

When Asma first found out about this girl, she was very touched and felt pretty horrible for her. Asma knew what it was like to go through the pain and deal with everything that comes with the illness. Asma wanted to meet her so she could talk to her and give her tips and advise her on dealing with the illness and give her emotional support.

Asma even got her a little present. Subhana'Allah Asma had a such a HUGE heart. Wallah she puts me to shame. :(

Well, I guess as it turns out, Asma never got to meet her. It seemed like her family didnt want to meet us and Asma. I guess it was because they didnt want their daughter who was suffering from the same illness to see Asma in the state she was in. Allahu Alim.

Anyhow, Asma was sad. She really wanted to meet the girl. It breaks my heart every time I think about it because Asma went out of her way to get her a present and hoped to meet her, but never did for whatever reason(s).

May Allah elevate Asma's status in Jannah to the highest level. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah take our souls as Believers. Ameen
May Allah give the girl and her family shiffa and sabr. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

5 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    May Allah keep her free from disease, amin. I am so happy to hear that someone lived! I know reflecting on death is good for us, to remind us of the 'afterlife' but good news is always easier to take. Alhamdulillah.

    May Allah reunite your family with hers in jennah, amin.

    Asalaam alaikum,
    Khadijah

     
  • At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isin't the mourning period in islam three days?

     
  • At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To "Anonymous":

    You are just showing your true ignorance with your comment. You are just showing that you know NOTHING about Asma, Omar, or their family. Seriously... who said that Omar stopped living and is just mourning all the time? Do you even know what mourning is? Probably too stupid to know. This blog isn't mourning. Why don't you read the reasons why Omar made this blog to find out what it really is? (Right hand side of screen).

    And to answer your question... yes, the mourning period in Islam is three days except for a wife who loses her husband. In that situation, it's a few months.

    Isn't it funny how stupid people leave their stupid comments always "anonymous"?

     
  • At Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Blogger youngMuslimah said…

    zainab, well, you could have used a better tone...

     
  • At Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    what the brother is doing isnt mourning, the Rasul(saw) spoke about Khadeejah freguently, `Aaishah was even jealouse of that, and he used to be sad about his late wife, so do not be so cold, and evil. Reflecting, remembering and missing someone dear is natural, and there is a difference between that and mourning.

    was-salaam

    (I agree with Zainab)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>