This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, May 25, 2007

Reminded of Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

Today was quite different than other days. Yeah we think about Asma everyday, but today it was different because while doing our daily activities, we were reminded of the day of her Janazah.

I took my mom for Jummah at Islamic Foundation (IFS), same place where Salatul Janazah was held for Asma. But thats not what reminded us of Asma. What reminded us of Asma was the route I took to go to the masjid. Part of the route was the same as the route we took when heading to the funeral home to give Asma ghusl and shroud her in the kafn.

My mom became slightly emotional as she was remembering the events that occured and also the feeling of emptiness that exists since the day she passed away.

Coincidentally, the time was 1:05 P.M. I vividly remember that time from the day she passed away because I remember looking at the clock at 1:05 as I was leaving for Jummah with my father and brother, about twenty minutes after Asma's body was taken by the funeral home from our house.

Of course, I cant even feel what my parents feel and go through with the loss of Asma. However, I know how I feel when thinking of Asma. It is so painful. Very. I wish I was a better bro to her. I wish I was a better friend to her. I wish I was a better person to her. I wish I had spent more time with her.

If there is one thing you can get out of of this post, I hope it is that we stop taking others for granted. Treat each day as if it is your last. What if you die before tomorrow comes? What if the other person dies before tomorrow comes? Then all you can do is regret. But what good will that do?

I may be the worst Muslim out there. But as Im going down in terms of my Imaan and feel like a horrible Muslim, thinking of Asma helps me come back up.

Why? Well because of two things:

1.) I want to meet Asma once again in the Akhirah
2.) Remembering how she lived reminds me of how I need to live...according to the Quran and Sunnah.

She truly was and still is an inspiration to me. I miss her.

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah take our souls as Believers from this world. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and keep us on the straight path. Ameen
May Allah give my parents sabr and and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah protect us all. Ameen


Asslaaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 28, 2007 12:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamu Alaikum.

    Omarrrr :( I'm sorry that you feel so much pain. May Allah SWT continue to grant you and your family patience, InshAllah. Ameen.

    Don't think that you didn't do much for Asma. You did EVERYTHING for her. MashAllah, you were SUCH a good big brother to her. Don't regret... you have done an AMAZING job, MashAllah, and you're Asma's favorite. I seriously look up to you because of all that you did for her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>