This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, April 27, 2007

Guilty? Why?

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

So why is it that every time I do something that may be considered "fun," I feel guilty? It is as if I feel bad for what I do.

Sometimes I will be talking to my friends and laughing when tell me a joke or something and all of a sudden I will stop. All of a sudden I feel quiet and guilty for doing so. How can I do that when Asma is not here to have fun?

It isn't a few-second thing. It is more of an all-day long thing. I will feel guilty all throughout the day. I may not show it all the time, but down inside I feel like what if she was here? It would be much different. How can I be so selfish to have fun without her? How can I be so careless? Heartless?

This is nuts. It drives me crazy. It is like I cant be in peace with this. Its always haunting me...

...like now.

:'( This sucks.

May Allah help me. Ameen
May Allah give my parents sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah raise Asma's level and status in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah keep us all on the straight path and take our souls as Believers. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 30, 2007 9:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalaam alaikum,
    Maybe just maybe you need to come to the realization that Asma is not in this world anymore. It kinda seems like you are trying to hold on to something that isn't there. She isn't here to have fun so why should that stop you from having fun? This life is temporary, and alhamdulillah we need to keep that in mind so that its easier to get through this life. We ARE allowed to have fun. Asma would have wanted you to have fun, wa allahu alim. I hope you don't mind my comment but it just seems so sad that you don't even want to have fun because she's not here... I hope Allah gives you a sence of calm when you think of Asma. Insha Allah.

    Asalaam alaikum
    Me...

     
  • At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To anonymous:

    Don't teach Omar about life. I'm sure he knows better than you. He feels like he misses his sister. How is that wrong? It's just his feelings.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Umm Maymoonah said…

    Dear Zainab read over and reflect on what you've said. We all have something to 'teach' each other.

    Dear Omar May Allah unite you and your sister in jannah. Ameen. Jazak Allah khayr for your beautiful reminders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>