This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, June 30, 2006

Today's Reminders: Asma and Death

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

So today as I was walking on the masjid's parking lot to go inside for the Salat-ul-Jummah, I saw a hearse (those cars owned by the funeral home to carry the deceased to the cemetery) parked backwards. I looked on the side of it and it said, Brust Funeral Home.

All of a sudden, it reminded me of Asma because thats where we gave Asma ghusl. They are also the ones who transported her from the masjid to the cemetery.

Anyways, after the Jummah, everyone came outside for Salat-ul-Janazah. Alhamdulillah almost everyone who was there for Jummah stayed for Salat-ul-Janazah as well.

Afterwards they took the deceased to the cemetery. Turns out, they were all going to bury him at the cemetery where Asma is. In fact, it was about two graves away from Asma's.

Subhana'Allah, the time from Salat-ul-Janazah till the time we buried him, it brought back all the memories of February 12th, 2005.

Everything from giving Asma a ghusl to Salat-ul-Janazah to the funeral procession to her burial, it all came back to me. :'(

In the end, it just reminded me of death is around the corner. More and more I have been thinking about death and how it can come any second. It can come right now as Im typing this. So scary when you think about it because Im not ready to die.

When he was getting buried, I was just standing there thinking that what if its me why was being buried. The deceased isnt coming back. If I die now, its over and I will be dealt with according to my deeds. Scary...

I started to think about how Asma would be right now and how peaceful she would be right now. I started to think how I wish I can be like that when I die. I want to free of any fitnah of the grave and just be in peace.

Then I realized that it wont just come to me. I have to work for it. If I really want to be from the fitnah of the grave and if I want to be reunited with Asma, then I really have to be a better Muslim and try to do what we are commaned to do by Allah Subhanawata'ala and our beloved Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam.

If I really want to avoid Allah's wrath, I must prepare for it. I cant just hope without doing anything about it.

Today was another reminder for me. It not only reminded me of Asma and the day she was buried, but I was also reminded of how near death is and how ready I am. Subhana'Allah...

May Allah forgive the sins of the deceased that was buried today and save him from the fitnah of the grave and akhirah. Ameen
May Allah give the deceased's wife, kids and rest of the family, sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah forgive us all, guide us and keep us on the straight path. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and take us as believers. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma. Ameen


Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

7 Comments:

  • At Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:53:00 PM, Blogger Veiled Muslimah said…

    Assalam Alaykum,

    Subhanallah.. that's so sad. But it's true, death can come at any time and we have to work towards it.

    Ameen to all the duas.

     
  • At Saturday, July 01, 2006 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaam waalaikum

    That was a good reminder of death. I went back and read ur other post n it brought tears into my eyes again. Death is so near, its so scary, n we dont even know if we are ready to face it. I mean once ur in the grave..its over, the test is over, n theres no going back. Its all soo scary.

    May Allah help us all. Ameen

    Ameen to all ur duas:)

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    assalamu alaykum,

    it's so true, death is so close. everytime our heart beats, its because Allah SWT has given it permission to beat... subhan'Allah...

    jazakallah khayr for the reminder brother.

    ma'asalam.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Al-Hajeji said…

    Asalamu Alaykum...

    you said: "Anyways, after the Jummah, everyone came outside for Salat-ul-Janazah. Alhamdulillah almost everyone who was there for Jummah stayed for Salat-ul-Janazah as well."

    Mashah'Allah there must be good muslims where you are. Where i am residing, after jummah prayer, alot of people leave when the call of salat al'janaza is announced. It makes me sick, alot of these idiots get up and walk very fast back to their trading or lifeless life, would they like it if we got up and did not pray janaza for him? It upsets me Wallah, may Allah guide them.
    And yes, we are all preparing for the akhira.

    BARAK ALLAH FEEK for the post.

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Almira said…

    Very nice blog, I am very sorry about your sister. May Allah shed his blessings upon you. Salaam.

     
  • At Friday, September 29, 2006 6:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaams sorry im js a little confused, i came across a nice pink blog blog and it belongs to a person named Asma, its been updated on the 27th with a lovely fudge pudding.. Now you say Asmas passed away, im confused, could you please share the story? im just some curious stranger sorry! Ramadan Mubarak by the way Omar bro.. (Random sister)

     
  • At Friday, September 29, 2006 6:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im sorry for asking that question, you must be annoyed i just read feb 2005 sorry! x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>