This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Janazah in Makkah

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

There were Janazahs almost after every prayer in both Makkah and Medina.

There was one in particular that I still remember.

It was a few minutes before Fajr prayer and I was sitting down on out on the street. There wasnt any room inside. It was packed.

Anyways, I noticed to my right, a group of about 3-4 guys were walking in my direction. They were carrying a deceased body wrapped in a Kafn (shroud). The shroud looked like the Ihram that I wore when I did Umrah.

The shroud had wrapped the whole body and the ends were tied with a rope. The guy in the front was making way to go inside the Haram. It was literally packed.

Anyways, as they were walking by, it reminded me of Asma and when she passed away. At the time, I didnt try to think too much of it and tried to shrug it off.

However, after the Fajr Salah, I went back to the hotel to eat breakfast. I was sitting at the table with my family. We were all eating breakfast. I mentioned the incident to my father. A few minutes later, I started to cry. At first I tried to hold it in, but couldnt any longer. I just started to cry silently with my face covered.

It was the way the guys were carrying the deceased that reminded me of Asma when she passed away. The look on the guys face reminded me of myself. They werent crying. They seemed very nervous. They didnt appear to be themselves.

Thats how I was when Asma passed away. For a bit, I was numb. I seemed like I was in a rush just like those guys I saw at the Haram. It was as if I didnt have time to cry because I needed to get everything ready, cleaned up, and arranged.

Same thing appeared with the guys at the Haram. They seemed preoccupied and didnt look like they had time to cry or show emotions.

This may not be making much sense to anyone, but I felt like I could relate to them. It remind me of Asma so much and when she passed away. Things appeared to be hectic.

The whole trip reminded me of Asma especially because Asma really wanted to do Umrah. However, when I saw the deceased being carried, it really hit me because I actually saw something which resembled the time when Asma passed away.

May Allah give us Sabr. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wa alaikum-us-salaam,

    Ameen. Allahumma ameen.
    May Allah grant Asma the greatest reunion with you, brother.
    SubhanAllah, I never leave this blog without contemplating the ayah, "kullu nafsin daa'iqatul mawt." And without shedding tears..
    May Allah strengthen you, and reward you. And your parents, to them may He grant sabr, and happiness.

    Fee amanillahi azza wal jall,
    your sister in Islam (coeur isolé)

     
  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    assalamualaykum warahmatulahi wabarakathuhu, brother I can not tell you how inspiring your posts are...i know they may not seem that way to you but to the reader they come as a reminded...to never forget about death. Your sisters death has left you in a state of grief and no one can fathom what you have lost until losing it themself. In a way however, I would like to tell you that by reminding me of my death and my grave, you have brought me closer to Allah SWT. Your posts really have allowed me to think twice before not praying or b4 commiting a sin. The way you have reacted to your sisters death is obviously a memory you have locked away, with very detailed descriptions of almost every moment. May ALLAHSWT ease the pain and suffering of your family. If anyone ever told you to forget about what happened and move on I would advise against it, after all these memories are allowing you to come closer to ALLAH swt arent they?
    I reallyy really hope you and your family can hold on to what you have lost as a sign from ALLAH to remind others about what they are being tested to...

    and I know it may seem like "why me" but Allah Alam...

    Walaykumsalaam warahmatulahi wabarakathuhu

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 3:03:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    Assalamu alaykum akhi,

    SubhanAllah, may Allah grant the highest maqam (station) of Jannah Al-Firdous to these martyrs. May Allah also continue to send Noor and blessings to your sister's grave, and keep her in the company of the deceased Muslim children, who must be enjoying their time with Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) and his wife. Take care of yourself and your family, and congratulations on your completed Hajj. May Allah accept your family's Hajj and Umrah, and forgive your sins.

    Ma assalam,
    Farooq

     
  • At Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May Allah accept from you and your family a Hajj mabrura,ameen! May all of you and I hope us too be reunited with Asma' and be among those placed in the highest ranks.

    Thank you for your updates of your beloved sister.

    -Reader from Singapore

     
  • At Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bro, that mad e me cry, I can't even se ewhat i'm typing. may Allah gibe you sabr inshaAllah

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May Allah have mercy on the little princess subhana'allah akhi we're all going to die insha'allah and we'll be in the same spot she is May Allah make it easy for us and give us a good ending allahuma ameen

    p.s. im here for you

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it makes sense to you,thats all that matters

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>