This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Friday, December 16, 2005

"Because I want some Fruit Roll-Ups."

Assalaamualaikum

Its early morning right now. Its currently around 1:30 AM. I miss Asma so much. I kind of feel lonely. Well, I am lonely. So I just decided to come online and blog.

It was about an hour before Isha so I figured Id go take care of the groceries real fast. I need to get a few things for my mom and dad. As I was pushing the cart through the food section, I came upon those Fruit Roll-Ups. For those of you who dont know what it is, its basically a roll of fruit candy. Its good.

Anyways it automatically reminded me of Asma as I smiled a little. Asma used to love it. She would always tell me to go out and get it even if it was late at night.

She loved the watermelon flavor.

Whether I was at school or sleeping, she would call me and ask me to get Fruit Roll-Ups or candy for her.

It went something like this:

Asma: "Assalaamualaikum."
Me: "Walaikumassalaam."
Asma: "Where are you?"
Me: "At school."
Asma: "When are you coming home?"
Me: "In a while. Why?"
Asma: "Because I want some Fruit Roll-Ups."
Me: "Okay, I will get it. But I will be home in a little while okay?"
Asma: "Okay."
Me: "Assalaamualaikum."
Asma: "Walaikumassalaam."

She was so cute. She would sometimes wake me up and tell me to go out and bring her stuff. Of course, I couldnt say, "No." lol

Of course, when I thought of her, I smile. That smile turned into sadness. :'(

Lately, I have been missing her and more every day, every night. I really needed to talk to her and ask her for some advice. :'(

May Allah reunite us with her again. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, December 16, 2005 10:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Asma was so cute Mashallah. Take care of yourself okay? Make her proud of you :)

    Salaam

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamo-alaikum,
    I've come to your blog many times over the past few months having discovered it just recently. Every time I think I will leave a comment, but I'm not sure what to say. People have their own opinions of how to handle grief. I've read some comments in which some people have encouraged you to move forward from this. No one can understand what it is to be you. Its my opinion that you are thankful to God for all you have and use this blog as a way to express your thoughts. That doesn't mean you don't realize all the blessings you have in your life. This year has been a roller-coaster ride for me, but reading your blog about how much faith in God Asma had gives me courage to deal will my small share of hardships. It reminds me how close death is and how precious time is. Thank you for sharing your thoughts because it has helped me to read of Asma's courage and faith. Jazakallaho Khaira. Please also remember me in your prayers. (The recitation in the background also especially touches my heart though i don't know why.) In regards to you wishing Asma was alive so you could ask her for advice, I think that somewhere in your heart you already know what advice she would give. You seem like you knew her really really well, having watched her grow up. I may be wrong, but I think that deep inside, the advice you long for is in your heart. Just continue to pray to Allah miya and listen, you will know whatever it is you need advice on. Allah miya will help you. Inshallah.

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 6:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salam Brother,

    sweet memory, huh....

    May Allah grant Asma the highest level in Jannah, May Allah reward you and your family for being there for Asma, May Allah give you and your family sabr and shiffa...May Allah reunite you guys on the day of judgement...
    May Allah help you and make it easy for you and your family...Ameen

    take care
    Salam

     
  • At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:23:00 AM, Blogger mayya said…

    Salaam,
    I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm speechless. I have a 12 year old sister too, I'll go crazy if anything happens to her :(

    mashAllah you've been an amazing elder brother! May Allah grant your sister a place in Jannat ul Firdous. Ameen!

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i like writing too when i feel lonely.it makes things a bit better.i used to love fruit roll ups.she was blessed to have such a wonderful brother.ur the best :)

    may allah ta3ala continue to make it easier on your family and increase you in sabr

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>