This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Flashbacks All Over Again

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

So last night I checked my email and have received an email from a Muslimah who frequents my blog. Since I have asked everyone to email me with their names so I can make dua'a for them, this Muslimah went ahead and emailed me.

She also mentioned to make dua'a for her friend who is terminally ill. Subhana'Allah. When she said that, it was as if I went back in time. I was having flashbacks. I can still vividly remember the hospital scenes, the doctor visits, the home therapies, Asma's screams, her pain, her tears, her plea for help, the uncertainty we were in especially my parents, how we feared everytime the doctor came in Asma's room in case if he had bad news, how we dealt with the bad news, the lonely drive home at 2 AM, close life and death situations Asma was put in over and over, etc.

The list can go on and on. So many things, but dont if I cant handle it. It makes me want to cry. Even to this day, I try not to think about it. If I really sit down and think back and think what we, as a family have gone through and more importantly the pain that Asma has endured, my heart will beat fast and I will go into depression and will isolate myself.

I will probably cry a lot. I still have images of the things that happened to her. Those images arent very pleasant. Subhana'Allah.

Anyways, I guess its good that I had these flashbacks. It tends to keep me in check. Alhamdulillah.

May Allah give all shiffa and sabr to all the Muslims who are sick. Ameen
May Allah grant a spacious grave to all the Muslims who have passed away and keep them from the fitnah of the graves. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with the loved ones again in the Akirah. Ameen
May Allah elevate their status to the highest in Jannah. Ameen

Again, as I have said in my previous post, I just want to say that if you want me to make dua'a for you at Hajj, email me at haq_omar@hotmail.com, Insha'Allah.

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, December 30, 2005 12:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Asma, you, and your family have been through a lot :(
    and you will be rewarded insh'Allah. Be patient and stay strong. Take care.

    Salaam

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As salamu alaikum
    I'm working as a Senior Analyst @ the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada [Just graduated in June with Computer Engineering degree].
    @ the hospital, I'm also the Muslim Chaplain Assistant. This means, I have to deal with emergencies- having no medical background, whatsoever, or even experience as a caregiver, what I have to go through each time a death happens...
    Subhanallah, I've been reading your blog for a while now, but now I realise a bit what you and your family must have gone through.
    Truly, no one can feel anyone else's pain.

    May Allah (swt) grant us all sabr.

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its ok to cry,sometimes it makes us feel better.but i pray that allah can increase you in sabr its not easy to deal with.sabr to you your mother your father.wallah i just wanna hug your mom for being such an amazing muslim woman. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>