This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Saturday, November 26, 2005

One of the Most Heartbreaking Things Ever

Assalaamualaikum,

There have been many things that Asma has said and done that truly broke my heart. Wallahi, it has. Of course, Asma used to say and do things out of pure innocence. Actually, thats what made it worse. The fact that she said it out of innocence made it even worse.

I dont know where to start, but I still remember one of the most heartbreaking things that she ever said. Subhana'Allah, I felt like my world had crashed.

It was a while after she had gotten her leg amputated when this took place. Keep in mind, Asma was a very calm person. It took a lot for her to lose her patience.

She always thanked Allah even when calamity fell on her.

She always remembered Allah Subhana'Watalaa.

She always spoke nothing but the truth. She NEVER EVER lied. Never. Yes, really.

Anyways, one day, either to my mom or my sister, she said, "Nobody is going to marry me because of my leg [is gone]."

Subhana'Allah...

What do you say?

What can you say?

I was in shock. My heart was shedding tears. It was broken in half. I couldnt believe she said that.

She didnt even say it to make people feel pity for her. She wasnt that kind of person whatsoever. She didnt care. She didnt give a damn what others thought of her.

However, she said only to speak her mind. She said it because she knew no one would marry her since her leg was amputated. Imagine what she felt like?

Everyday, while sitting in her bed, she would peek out the window when her school bus came at her stop.

Everytime guests came over, while sitting in her bed, she would smile as she watched the kids run around happily.

She used to tell my father not to feel depressed (about her getting her leg amputated) because she can still hop one leg. Allahu Akbar! Look at this little girl's faith and courage. Wow.

She used to me that she didnt care what other people thought of her. She didnt care if other people saw that she didnt have her leg anymore.

When she first got her leg amputated, we would always put a blanket or shawl over her lower body whenever she would sit in bed or her wheelchair...basically everywhere she went outside of home.

Out of nowhere, she said I dont want the blanket.

"Mujey blanket nahi oornah" ("I dont want the blanket."), said Asma.

I said, "Leikin loogh thumko dekengay" ("But people will look at you").

Asma said, "Hehe Tho? I dont care" ("Hehe So? I dont care").

I was just in awe. I mean look at her courage and confidence. I was sad, however, because of what she was going through.

Simply put, it broke my heart.

May Allah grant Asma the highest level of Jannah. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma again. Ameen.

Assalaamualaikum.

7 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaamu 3laykum,

    It is a very difficult time for family to go through with a child's illness. It was indeed a very difficult trial. May Allaah give sabr to both of your parents.

    And Asmaa ma shaa Allaah, we can only hope that there are more women like her in this ummah: you said, " She always thanked Allah even when calamity fell on her.

    She always remembered Allah Subhana'Watalaa.

    She always spoke nothing but the truth. She NEVER EVER lied. Never. Yes, really." Ma shaa Allaah.

    And her weddding will be in jannah, in shaa Allaah. and what an excellent wedding or marriage compared to these worldly marriages or weddings. sub7anallaah

     
  • At Sunday, November 27, 2005 8:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It breaks my heart just reading about everything she went through :(

    May she rest in peace. May Allah grant her the highest level of Jannah.

     
  • At Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalaamu alikum,
    Mashallah, Your courageous sweet Sister brought tears to my eyes and gave me another reminder how we all should be grateful for whatever state we are in. May Allah swt grant your sister Jannah tul Firdos inshAllah and rest of your family with her.
    May He protect rest of us from the Azabs of Naar.
    Take care Brother,
    A passer by

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 6:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salam brother,

    MashAllah Asma had so much courage and faith, its beautiful...

    May Allah grant her the highest level in Jannah, May Allah reward yourself your parents and your family for looking after Asma, May Allah give you guys sabr and shiffa, May Allah reunite you guys on the Day of judgement...AMeen

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:43:00 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    i came across ur blog yest and subhanAllah i've been bawling. its soooo moving. to think even a lil girl like asma knew the cruelty society puts us through because of our appearance. there are so many lessons ive learnt from ur blog. im so glad ure blogging. i hope this blog also serves to remind brothers to look deeper than looks for their marriage. asma was a person with a beautiful heart and look at the impact she made on those closest to her! subhanAllah!

     
  • At Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sad, i think i want to meet up with her in jannah too inshallah if i ever make it there :( have patience over her death, i think this blog rather than helping you through the pain, its reminding you of her death/events and constantly poking you in your heart

    Makes sense? (random chik)

     
  • At Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger AllAboutAsma said…

    I see what you're saying, but even if I dont post here, it will remind of her memories all the time.

    Everytime I go into her room...

    Everytime I look at her clothes, toys...

    Everytime I look at her medicine cabinet...

    Everytime I look at pictures...

    Shes always in my mind.

    I dont want to forget her either.

    May Allah keep you on the straight path and steadfast. Ameen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>