This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Monday, December 26, 2005

Umrah

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

The date is getting closer and closer...

Im leaving for Hajj Insha'Allah on Saturday, December 31st. I have been busy taking care of some stuff, running errands, and packing.

While Im doing all this, Im constantly thinking of Asma. I think of how happy she would have been if she was going too.

I remember when she was with us, her wish was to go for Umrah. She told everyone that. Whether she was asked by the nurses, doctors, friends, or total strangers as to what her biggest wish was, her answer was always the same. She was always said, "I want to go for Umrah."

There is an organization/foundation called "Make a Wish" which helps kids with terminal illness. They help them by giving the child and the family anything he/she wants.

For a while we declined because Asma and we didnt want to deal with them. However, we kept getting calls from them and insisted they wanted to help Asma. So one day they called and Asma just said that she wanted to go for Umrah.

We didnt even say a word to her about going for Umrah. Even the people at "Make a Wish" had told us that they never even did or heard of something like this. They said that kids usually wish for a trip to an amusement park, Disney World, or to meet their favorite movie star or celeberty. However, Asma wished to go for Umrah.

Halfway through Asma's illness, we told her that we would take her for Umrah once she got better. She was very excited. She started to make plans and used to tell my mom what she would do. She was looking forward to Umrah.

Little did she know that Allah Subhana'watalaa had something else planned for her.

I always think of Asma, but it will be even harder when I go to the airport and on my way to the Saudi.

Just one year ago, I was in the plane with Asma. Its going to remind me all over again. Im afraid to imagine what may happen when I think of it. Im just going to keep myself busy and go over the dua'as, Insha'Allah.

May Allah reunite us with Asma. Ameen
May Allah elevate Asma's status in Jannah to the highest. Ameen
May Allah accept everyone's Hajj and their dua'as. Ameen

By the way, I may make a blog to post my experiences at Hajj, Insha'Allah. I will get back to you on that soon, Insha'Allah.

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 4:06:00 PM, Blogger ecowarrioress said…

    Hope ur umrah trip goes well inshaAllah.

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 8:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Omar you are so lucky you get to go to Hajj. I'm jealous (in a good way). I don't know if this is true or not but I remember reading once on Islam Q&A that if a person's greatest wish is to go to hajj but they are unable to go for whatever reason Allah will give them credit as if they had. (I will go back to the site and try to find it). Hopefully something like that is true and Asma will be rewarded Insha'Allah. I hope you have a good trip and be safe. Take lots of pics! Enjoy the experience because it will be one you will never forget. Remember to pray for the rest of us so that we too can one day perform Hajj. Have a good trip and be safe.

    Salaam.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalaam o Alaikum brother..

    Congrats :) may you have a safe journey and may Allah accept your Haj *ameen*

    Do remember us in your prayers,

    Take Cares, Allah Hafiz
    -Ayesha

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Veiled Knight said…

    Asalamualaikum warahmatullah, Ameen to the duaas. a simple request for anyone who reads this: please remember us in your duaas during both your travels and ibadah insha'Allah. Jazak'Allahukahyr. May Allah accept the Hajj of all those who are goign for Hajj and reunite us all with our loved ones in Al'Alkhira insha'Allah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>