This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"GO AWAY!"

Assalaamualaikum,

Asma knew I was terrified of anything living other than humans. Yeah, even the smallest creatures. Apparently, she found it pretty amusing and would tease me about it. lol Back when she didnt have her illness, she would sometimes chase me with little insects, rabbits, and cats.

We had two parakeets. Asma loved to play with them. She sometimes would put her hand inside the cage and play with them or even feed them.

If I was around, she would tell me to put my hand inside their cage. Of course, I would refuse to do it. Asma then would burst into laughter and and literally roll on the floor laughing. lol

Although she found it amusing and sometimes teased me, she would also defend me from other animals. Yeah, it sounds a little bit wierd, but its true.

One of the of the times where she defended me was in Georgia. We were in Georgia for Asma's treatment. We were staying at a house owned by the clinic. Well, the next door neighbor happened to have many pets. One of the cats was named "Cheddar." She was a cute looking cat with orange fur.

Well anyhow, Cheddar fell in love with Asma. It would come over and play with Asma all the time. Asma would have a great time. She would sit her in wheelchair and wheel herself around while Cheddar would walk along side her or circle around Asma.

Well one day I happened to come outside while Cheddar was over playing with Asma. As you probably have guessed, I freaked out as soon as I saw Cheddar.

"Are you scared?" asked Asma.

I replied, "YES. Get it away from me."

At this point Asma laughed and said, "Okay."

As Asma pointed towards Cheddar's home, she shouted, "Go away Cheddar. GO AWAY! I SAID, GO AWAY!! GO!! GO CHEDDAR!!"

As the cat started to walk/run towards its home, Asma turned to me as I was standing there smiling, she said, "Are you happy now?"

I replied, "Yeah!!"

She just laughed and told me to stay with her so she could talk and play with me.

I thought Id share this funny story. Even to this day, I still laugh whenever I think about that.

Damn, I miss those times. :'(

Assalaamualaikum.

11 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girls aren't allowed in the grave yard

     
  • At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:09:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    aww that was very cute of her, may Allah grant her the highest place in Jannatul Firdous, and she have many pets and happy fountains in a house of gold and silver. I'm serious. that's what people get in jannah.

    and anonymous, women ARE allowed in the grave yard, only not when they are very very weak or wailing, because that upsets the deceased and any extreme grief goes against the adab of death and respect for the graves.

    and allah knows best

     
  • At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for increasing my knowledge brother Psykomantium... I appreciate that and my apologizes to the sister..

     
  • At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Awww you sound like me. My little cousin chases me with small bugs too. I run like hell. Anyways, I miss Asma :'( I wish I could send her more things. Take care.

     
  • At Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww mashallah soo cute. It's as If I knew her :'( May Allah (Swt) grant her jannt-ul-firdous.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as salaamu `alaykum...

    May Allah give her the best of Jannah ameen. Stay strong akhi.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Asma said…

    Assalamaoalykum w.w.!!

    I'm first time at ur blog and have read few things about ur lil sis ... she was an amzing girl!

    May Allah bless her with eternal peace and a special place in Jannah!

    My prayers with her!

    Wassalam n Allahafiz

     
  • At Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Blogger ThePolemicist said…

    Salaam,

    I just came upon this blog and wasn't sure what it was about. And then I read a reference to Asma being "gone." I realized you lost someone special. Reading the rest of your blog confirmed that. It made me deeply sad, to put it lightly. Your memories of your sister are strong and you describe them vividly and in detail--so much that I could visualize the "scenes" from your life you depicted.

    But in the end, after the sadness, or more accurately, with the sadness that these stories bring, there is some inspiration. Asma, from what I have read, was wise, despite her young age, and strong, despite her trying illness. Terminal illness and amputation are major trials, but your precious sister's consciousness of God was so strong, she stood courageously as her fragile boat sailed through the stormy sea. And hopefully, the memory of her can help you, your family and friends, as well as readers of this blog, ride through their own storms strong, held upright by the love and consciousness of God. Thank you for this, and I pray that God grants your sister the highest level of Paradise. Ameen.

    Wasalaam

     
  • At Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalaamu 'alaikum.

    'ThePolemicist', what a beautiful comment! JazaakAllaahu khairaa for that. I'm going through trying times myself and our dear brother's entries and your eloquent reminder has really helped me.

    May Allaah shower His mercy upon us all and grant dear Asma a special house in Jannah which her family will be able to frequent regularly, aameen yaa Rabb!

    Was-salaamu 'alaikum.

     
  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    salam.wow!.Asma really was a sweet girl...........this incident is just like it is with me, and my elder brother(though a little different -heh heh,b/c it is I who is scared of the animals,and it is my elder br, who is amused by chasing me with the animals.ha ha

     
  • At Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    she saved u lol how cuteeeee 7abeebti

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>