This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Is she really gone?

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

"Wow, is she really gone?"

Thats what I ask myself everyday. So many things remind me of her. Im even having nightmares/flashbacks. Its really driving me nuts. I dont really tell anyone except for a people like my parents and my very close friends. Im afraid I will just burst into tears and cry my lungs out. Sometimes Im scared to talk about my sister and how I miss her. I really wonder many times if I will end up in a mental hospital in the future. I really dont know how my parents do it. Masha'Allah, such great courage and faith in Allah they have.

May Allah reward them. Ameen.
May Allah grant them Sabr. Ameen.
May Allah grant them Jannah and raise their status to the highest one. Ameen.
May Allah forgive them and keep them on the straight path. Ameen.

Whenever I go to the cemetery to visit her, I sometimes am left bewildered. I mean I never in a million years would have thought that Asma would die and I would lose her.

Its pretty uncanny to see her name written on her grave marker. There it is...her grave marked by a marker with her name, "Asma Haq" followed by the dates reading, "Oct. 9, 1992 - Feb. 11, 2005."

Subhana'Allah, can you believe it? Shes gone. Shes history. Shes forever gone. :'(

I have no one to wake me up 3 in the morning and tell me to go to the grocery store and buy her candy.

I have no one to call me every 5 min and tell me to do something. :(

Another thing that makes me miss her so much is the fact that she isnt here to talk to me about life...problems.

When you have people going around talking about you and your personal life and bash you both privately and publicly, you need some one to talk to.

When you have people going around spreading rumors and slander/backbite you and your personal life, you need some to believe you and know the truth.

Asma did both. She talked to me and believed me and knew what the truth was. Even though she would tell me not to care, she would be there to share the pain and/or anger with me.

Wow, Subhana'Allah...shes gone. :(

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

6 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as sallamu alaikum

    "For verily, with hardship comes ease. Verily with hardship comes ease."(surah ash- Sharh)

    Walaikum asallam

     
  • At Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    very touching bro, may Allah swt immensely reward you and your family, and may He bless Asma's soul, grave, and let her attain Jannatul Firdous. I pray for your family and that insha Allah you get sabr and ajr for all that you have been through. Ameen.

     
  • At Saturday, August 20, 2005 9:42:00 PM, Blogger A traveler said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Sunday, August 21, 2005 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Veiled Knight said…

    Asalamualaikum warahmatullah
    Bismillah'hirahman nirahim, Allahumma sali 'ala sayyiddina Muhammadin wa 'ala alay sayyiddina Muhammadin wa barik wa salim...

    SubhanAllah....may Asma be a source of intercession for you and your family in the akhirah insha'Allah.

    May Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala make things easy for all of you and reunite you and your family with Asma in The Gardens of Eternal happiness insha'Allah.

    Please remember us in you duaas.

    [who is the reciter in the background? JazakAllah]

    Allahumma sali 'ala sayyiddina Muhammadin wa 'ala alay sayyiddina Muhammadin wa barik wa salim, wa akhirud'duana anil hamdulillahi rabbil alamin.. Walaikumasalam warahmatullah

     
  • At Friday, October 28, 2005 6:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those who we love never truly leave us. They are still there... Inside our hearts; In our memories; Forever with us.

     
  • At Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    readin about yer sis really breaks my heart, it feels lyk i nu her sumhow maybe cus of the way u speak of her, may allah give you and yer fmaily peace and courage. insha allah
    masha allah she was a very,very,very brave girl
    u were very lucky 2 have a sista lyk dis indeed!
    subhanallah, i will pray 4 u and yer fmaily and asma of course

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>