This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Blessing In Disguise

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

I got back probably an hour ago from from my sister's grave. I went there shortly after Fajr.

On the way there I was thinking how its a blessing that she passed away. I know this may sound a bit odd, but its true. My parents say the same thing whenever we talk about her.

She had her leg amputated all the way up to the hip. She was confined to the wheelchair/bed most of the time. She had other problems that were created by chemotherapy. She was dependent on others. She was a very shy person. Her personality was such that even if anyone physically harmed her, she would remain quiet and not say a word. She would just have sabr and move on.

Sometimes she would tell me later and I would kind of upset because I wanted the beat the crap out of anyone who would try to hurt her.

Anyways, what Im trying to say is that this world wasnt for her. She would have had a very hard time surviving. People are so damn cruel. They are heartless.

There was a time (quite of few months before she passed away) when we took Asma to this Muslim gathering. We took her for food, clothes, and to meet people. Subhana'Allah she was quite popular. lol People I didnt even know were coming up to her and saying, "ASMA!! Kasi hoi?!?!" ("ASMA!! How are you?!?!") I would just stand there trying to figure what had just happened. I will be thinking why dont they say that to me. lol

I would ask Asma how come everyone knows her. She would say, "I guess Im just popular." lol She would say that to tease me. Funny stuff.

Well people knew her because she was on the radio a few times (Muslim one here in Chicago) and she basically told them whats going on with her and also recited some Surahs. She won many hearts. She just called in to see what would happen. She didnt even expect anything).

Anyways, at the gathering, this lady that my parents have known for many years saw my mom and Asma and walked towards them. Asma was in a wheelchair talking and eating. Out of nowhere, this lady that my parents know starts to look Asma up and down in her wheelchair. Asma was feeling uncomfortable obviously. My mom asked her what she was doing.

Get ready for this lady's retarded response. She told my mom she was looking for Asma's leg and wanted to see how she looks without her leg. What a bitch. Leave the little girl alone.

My mom became furious and told her off and to never ever do that again. She told her never to talk about her daughter like that again. Im surprised she didnt knock her out.

Later on when Asma and I were joking around, she told me what had happened. I asked her how she felt when my mom told her off.

Asma said, "I was so happy mom got mad at her and yelled at her. I was so proud of her. I was so mad at the lady. I wanted to punch her so bad."

When Asma said that, I wanted to cry. I felt so bad. Asma wasnt the type of girl who would want to hurt anyone or even get revenge. She never wanted to. However, her wanting to punch the lady shows how hurt Asma was. Man, imagine some one doing that to you. I personally would tell the person to go to hell or something and push them away if I was in Asma's place.

But Asma being a shy, patient girl, she kept it in. Alhamdulillah my mom was there. May Allah reward her and Asma. Ameen

So this is what I mean that the world is cruel and harsh. Its a blessing she passed away. Obviously it was better for her. However, for us, its been very painful. The emotional and physical attachment that we had was very close and tight. Its very tough and hard to live without her.

People tell us all the time to forget about her and move on. Do they really listen to themselves when they say that to us? Subhana'Allah.

Everyday I think of her. Everyday I miss her. Everyday I want to see her again. Everyday I make dua'a that I along with my whole family am reunited with Asma again.

May Allah reward my parents and Asma. Ameen
May Allah forgive Asma and grant her Janatul Firdaus. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma again. Ameen
May Allah guide the people who are selfish and heartless. Ameen
May Allah protect us from evil and harm. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

5 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam,

    Insh'Allah Asma will be rewarded for her patience. She was a strong special girl. She may be gone but at least she brought happiness to your life for a short time. She's in a better place just take comfort knowing that.

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Sabeen said…

    Assalamu 'alaikum..

    Allah (swt) knows what is best for us.

    May Allah reward Asma with Jannah, Ameen!

    May Allah make this test easy on you and your family, Ameen!

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    Salam akhi,

    This post really moved me beyond words, thoughts and tears. Asma reminds me of my grandmother. May Allah accept all of your du'as, ameen. She will be waiting for you in Jannatul Firdaus. Take care

    Ma assalam
    Farooq

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 7:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    subhan'Allah...ur faith, ur will to go on in life, ur very strong and brave mashallah. when my 5 yr old sister got ran over by a car this summer...i thought i would never be able to see her in my life....that feeling inside ate me up untill i cryed all the tears left in my body. That feeling you hav now...i had...but mine was only temporary...but for u to lose such a loved one and have this type of positive attitude...masha'AlLAh..u bring tears to my eyes....ur the kind of people who inspire the ppl and give us a positive view of life...some us(such as i) thinkin we really hav it that bad wen kids all over the world are dying...subhan'Allah May Allah grant her the highest stage in jannat, as well as for u and ur family. wHEN u think about it...it is just a reminder of the death for the rest of us...our time will come whether it is today or tomorrow...let us be prepared (ameen)

     
  • At Friday, October 17, 2008 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that lady was messed up :( talkkkkkkk to her say somethign nice dont stare :( that was so stupid of that woman and people who tell you to forget and move on.who can forget their family?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>