This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Like Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

Earlier today in the evening I took Maryam, my little niece (she is around a year old), out around the block for a walk. It was really fun to go for a walk with her. It is quite fascinating to watch such a little thing go around the block with me. She would stop out of nowhere to look at birds, rabbits, and little insects on the sidewalk. I can only wonder what goes on in her little world of hers.

When we can home, I fell asleep on the bed we have downstairs in the family room. Maryam started do her own thing. She was playing by herself as no one else was around. My mother was busy doing something. As I was half asleep, out of nowhere I felt something wet and soft. I felt this a few times. Each time I’d feel this, I’d wake up to find Maryam licking my face. Subhana’Allah it felt like a cat was licking me. I don’t know why, but she was kissing and licking my face every few minutes. Then when I fully woke up, she was very happy and couldn’t stop smiling.

This reminded me of Asma. Asma would do such things when she was little. Maryam reminds me so much of Asma. In fact, I unintentionally call her Asma. It is only after I say it that I realized what I have called her. My parents do the same thing. I really hope Maryam reads this blog once she is older – even if I’m not around in this dunya. I want her to know what kind of girl Asma was and what her character was like. Asma is an inspiration for people living today and people to come in the future.

Many times when I hold Maryam and play with her, I imagine playing with Asma.

I miss Asma especially right now.

May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah elevate Asma’s status in Jannah to the highest level. Ameen
May Allah bless Maryam and raise her into a pious Muslimah. Ameen
May Allah grant my parents complete sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah grant my family complete sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah take our souls from this dunya in the state of Islam. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam Alaikum.

    I had visited this website a long, long time ago, and I came across it's link again on someone's blog.

    May Allah grant you and your family Patience and may He grant her al Firdous!
    Ameen.

     
  • At Friday, October 24, 2008 7:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love this entry.children are so innocent they make the world so alive.

    i was making the same analogy earlier before i read this blog subhanallah

    ur blogs like my 2nd home,it makes me feel better to read about asma in some ways while in other ways it makes me so sad <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>