This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Memories of Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

Everyday is a stuggle. Theres not one day that I go on without thinking of her. She was a part of my routine. She was my life. Everyday when I used to get up in the morning, I used to think to myself, "What do I need to do for Asma?" or "What is Asma doing right now?"

I would plan my schedule according to what Asma wants and needs.

Now that shes gone, I feel empty. I feel like theres a big chunk missing. Now that I come to think of it, I actually miss doing things for her. I miss taking care of her. I miss her telling me what to do and when to do it.

At this point, I think back and reflect upon the times that Asma and I had together.

We had some of the best times together. We would watch TV together, joke around, talk about funny inicidents, tell each other funny stories of us when we were little, or simply laugh so hard that our stomachs would start to hurt.

She loved to talk. Many times if I started to get up to go do stuff, she would literally tell me to sit down so we can talk more. lol Subhana'Allah I miss that.

Sometimes in the end, I would start to get tired and just shut my eyes in the same bed where was sitting to watch tv or talk to me. The next thing I know is that I feel her soft, little fingers run through my hair and massage my head. Within a few minutes I would fall asleep.

If she got bored while I was sleeping, she would pinch my nose shut and wake me up. As I would get up trying to breathe, she would laugh. lol We both would laugh.

Or sometimes she would play with my beard while if I was asleep. She would make pony tails out of my beard. LOL

She wouldnt say anything though. She would just quietly giggle as she watched me get up. When I would see her giggling and looking at my face, I always knew something was up. So I turn to the mirror and there I was...pony tails in a beard. lol Thats where she would laugh so hard.

To anyone, it may not seem much fun. It may not seem like that was fun. But to me, its something I would never give up for the world. I will cherish those moments for as long as I live. Im so glad I had the honor of being her brother and being to able spend that quality time with her everyday.

So now when I wake up everyday or before I go to sleep, instead of trying to schedule my day according to what Asma wants and needs, I think of the times I had with her and smile while I try to cover the tears.

I love her very much.

May Allah Subhanawatalaa grant her the highest level in Jannah. Ameen

May Allah Subhanawatalaa give my parents sabr and shiffa. Ameen

May Allah Subhanawatalaa give us sabr and shiffa. Ameen

May Allah Subhanawatalaa reunite us with Asma soon.

May Allah Subhanawatalaa give my parents the best of both worlds; this dunya and the hereafter. Ameen

May Allah Subhanawatalaa give my sister Aysha strength and sabr to deal with losing her best friend, Asma. Ameen

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

10 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 04, 2005 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as salamu alaykum,

    i'm not very good at these type of comments or writing out duas but ameen to all the duas allready made for her, you and your family. and i admire your love for your sister.

    stay up bro

     
  • At Saturday, June 04, 2005 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum

    Ameen. This was very touching and the love that you had for your sister just illumates from your words. Masha'Allah, people don't understand how precious memories like these are. Too many people spend too much of their lives wasting away on hate and anger. No need to tell you to be grateful for the memories that you have, keep them alive. All she needs from you are your du'as ... and masha'Allah, you seem to be providing her with many. Take care.

     
  • At Saturday, June 04, 2005 4:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as salaamu alaykum,

    the more i read about you and your relationship with Asma, the more i feel heartbroken. and though thats kind of strange since ive never met you or your sister but its because my brother and i share that same kind of tight bond and love. he's my best friend and to think of him not being around me breaks my heart. you, your family and Asma have been in my duaas since your first post about her on islamica. Ameen to all of your duaas and if there is anything i could ever do for you, just say it. salaam

     
  • At Sunday, June 05, 2005 6:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May Allah Ta3la one day unite your entire family in the shade of his throne.
    InshaAllah over time the wounds will heal.

    Abu Ammaar

     
  • At Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SAlam brother.......:)
    Mashallah this is a very beautiful story that i have ever read...I am so sorry to hear the death of your sister..
    ina lilahi wa ina ilai hi rajeoon.

    May Allah give strength to you and to your family as well...:flower:
    It feels soo good to know that u cared for ur sister alot...I wish i had a brother like ya....:):)
    ameen to the rest of the duas..
    Thanks for sharing this post..

     
  • At Monday, June 06, 2005 7:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bismillaah.

    As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa-Rahmatullaahee Wa-Barakaatuhu

    Allaahul 'Mustaan...

    I feel lost for words.

    Aameen Ya Rabbul 'Alamin to all the du'aas... May Allaah make things easy for you & your family.

    Indeed you are in my du'aas. Inshaa-Allaah.

    Take Care...

    Wa-'Alaikum as-Salaam Wa-Rahmatullaahee Wa-Barakaatuhu
    your sister in Islaam.

     
  • At Monday, June 06, 2005 1:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaamz
    Inalillah wa inna ilayhi rajiun.May Allah reward you for your love and affection towards your little sister.What a kind and caring brother u were to her.Mashallah.
    Ameen to all duas.
    wassalaam

     
  • At Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Asmaa said…

    Assalaamu alaikum brother,

    May Allah grant her Jannah. There's a beautiful hadith (which I can't remember the source for)...when a child dies, he or she waits on the day of judgement for his/her mother. Children who die automatically go to Jannah, but they refuse to enter without their mother. May Allah grant your mother Jannah for being patient. May Allah reunite you with your sister in the hereafter.

    I have a little sister who is 12...I can't imagine having to watch her in pain. I can't begin to imagine the hurt you are experiencing right now. I have no words except these: Seek help and guidance and patience from Allah. For He is the only One who can guide you through these times of hardship.

    To Him we belong, and to Him we shall return...

     
  • At Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As'salamu Alaikum,

    Stay strong for your family, Omar, especially your mother. No mother can stand to bury her child and my heart goes out to her most. Please look after her.

    And may Allah grant you and your family patience and peace. Ameen.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are you kidding?those ARE the funnest times.i used to play with my fathers hair and put it into funny styles and crack myself up.it doesnt matter what it seems to everyone else.That was her fun...and yours.Its always going to be a precious memory.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>