This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hurry, Come Home!

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

It has been well over a month since I’ve last posted. I really want to start updating more often, Insha’Allah ta’la.

It may have been over a month since I’ve last posted, but that doesn’t mean I have last thought about her over a month ago. I think about her every day, every night. Just last night I was resting on the floor in front of a fan blowing cool air upon me. I began to think about Asma and started to reminisce about the sweet memories of her that I miss more than anything.

I miss how she would call my name out 2 AM to tell me she has to go to the bathroom.

I miss how she would call me on my phone whenever I wasn’t home to ask me when I am coming home. She usually called me for two things and the following are examples of how they would go:

My phone rings and I answer:

Me: Assalaamualaikum
Asma: Walaikumassaalaam
Me: What are you doing?
Asma: Nothing.
Asma: Um, when are you coming home?
Me: I don’t know. In a while. Why?
Asma: Can you come now?
Me: I will see.
Asma: Please? Come now!
Me: Why? What do you need?
Asma: Well, I want some Fruit Roll-Ups. *giggles*
Me: *laughter* What kind?
Asma: Um, I want the watermelon one this time.
Me: Okay, I will come soon. *laugh a bit*
Asma: Okay, hurry! Assalaamualaikum! *all excited now*
Me: Walaikumassalaam Warahmtuallah

Or, it would go something like this:

My phone rings and I answer:

Me: Assalaamualaikum
Asma: Walaikumassalaam. Where are you?
Me: School. Why?
Asma: Can you please come home?
Me: Right now?
Asma: Yeah.
Me: I can’t now. I have work to do.
Asma: But I have to go to the bathroom!
Me: Okay, I will come.
Asma: Okay, hurry! Assalaamualaikum!
Me: Walaikumassalaam.

Ahhhh, I miss her sweet voice. I swear she would leave me voicemails and whenever someone would listen to it would melt and say nothing but ‘Awwwwwww!’

I miss that a lot. I miss her so much. :’ (

Nothing will ever fill that empty feeling in my heart. It always will be there. I loved how she looked up to me and trusted and depended on me. She felt safe with me and that is something I loved. I miss it her presence, laughter, giggles, everything and anything that brought a smile on her face.

When will I ever get to see her?

May Allah bless her soul and elevate her status to the highest in Jannah. Ameen
May Allah forgive us all and keep us upon the straight path. Ameen
May Allah give my parents and family complete sabr and shiffa. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and keep us upon the Haq. Ameen
May Allah take our souls in the state of Islam. Ameen


WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:09:00 AM, Blogger Blue Rose said…

    AssalamuAlaikum Wa Rahmathulla

    Its been a while since I've looked into the world of blog. I see you're still trying to keep it as updated as you can. :)

    Basically just wanted to let you know that you havent run out of readers.

    Ameen to all your dua'as. And may your memories of her serve to lift her to the highest level of Paradise.

    Ma'assalama

     
  • At Monday, July 28, 2008 3:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamu Alaikum is this brother GQ ? this is AbuUsama from IA, hope you are doing well, take care fee amanillah

     
  • At Friday, August 22, 2008 2:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am an anonymous reader.. SubhanAllah, words can't describe how I feel when reading all this, i visit from time to time, to see how you are. I feel for you and your pain.

    AMIIN THUMMA AMIIN to your dua!!!

    May Allah subhana we ta'ala make you two meet in Jannah! AMIIN!!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    InshAllah May Allah(SWT)reunite you, Asma, and your family in Jannah. Ameen!

     
  • At Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Sometimes Life is Bliss And Sometimes Not ! said…

    I love fruit roll ups :) You should eat them often a smile. Allah tests the ones he loves the most so ASma was loved

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>