This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Sunday, September 28, 2008

"You're so immature!"

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

Hmm…

I feel like crying. I miss Asma. ‘: (

Although I think about Asma every single day and every single night, I recently have been thinking about Asma constantly. Today during Iftar, my family and I were talking about a certain topic. It reminded me of Asma and a specific incident came to mind.

Asma, by nature, was a very patient girl. She was the type that would take pain as much as she can. She would push herself to the limit. She was such a tough little girl, Masha’Allah.

She wasn’t just patient only physically, but also mentally/emotionally. If someone was annoying on purpose or making her angry, you could do it for a while without getting her to say or do anything. However, if you pushed her to the limit, she would definitely make it known that she is upset and isn’t pleased with you at all.

For example, I remember my family and I were at my uncle’s apartment where my relatives were as well. My relatives had come from Pakistan not too long and we were just visiting them. One of my older cousins was trying to annoy Asma by saying things to her (may Allah hold my cousin accountable. Ameen). Asma kept silent and just kept ignoring him. Keep in mind, Asma at the time was about 5-6 years old and my cousin was probably in his late teens or early twenties at the time.

All of a sudden Asma turned red and with a stern look she exclaimed, “You’re so immature!”

Subhana’Allah, everyone around just went silent and were all stunned. My cousin was so embarrassed because he had just gotten told off by a little 5 year old. Needless to say, I was shocked, but proud of Asma.

Asma wasn’t the type to make a scene. She would take stuff from people to avoid confrontation. She would take in pain and let it go just so it doesn’t escalate into something bigger and turn into a drama. However, once she reached that limit, she wouldn’t take it.

She was even more serious when it came to her immediate family (us). She was very overprotective of us. She would always be the first to help her family out – even during her last days of her life.

:’ (

One day Insha’Allah, we will get to meet her. One day. Insha’Allah.

May Allah elevate the status of Asma to Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen
May Allah grant complete sabr to my parents and cure them completely. Ameen
May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen
May Allah make us better Muslims and keep us upon the straight path. Ameen
May Allah accept our Ibaadah in this month of Ramadaan and allow us to strive to be the best. Ameen

WasSalaamualaikum Warahmutallah.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>