This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Monday, February 28, 2005

Dedicted to Asma

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh,

This blog is dedicated to my baby sister who passed away on Friday, February 11, 2005 at 10:30 AM. I am not a big fan of blogs, but the reasons I created this are the following:

1. I can always remember every little detail about everything and anything that happened with Asma for the rest of my life.

2. Im tired of answering peoples countless number of questions about Asma.

3. Its my way of dealing with the loss of Asma.

I may update this everyday, every week or every three months. It just depends on my mood and how much time I have.

This blog will deal with anything and everything that involves/involved Asma and my family.

Some rules for this blog before I begin:

1. Please do NOT create any fitnah in any way, shape, or form. This isnt intended to be some form of getting involved with haraam activities. If you want create fitnah, go elsewhere. This is only about Asma and my family.

2. Your comments/thoughts/suggestions/questions are appreciated and welcome. However, if you are going to post anything pertaining to Islam, please provide daleel (Quran and (Sahih) Hadith). Otherwise, it will be removed.

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallahi Wabarakatuh.

9 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 03, 2005 6:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalamwalykum Brother:

    May Allah grant her the highest place in Paradise. May He give you and your family peace and ease to accept this great loss. inshallah.

    Bro. if you get the time and energy, do share memories of her with us.

    It must have taken lots of courage to relive the events while writing for this blog. it will give us a chance to get to know her.

    You and your family are and will be in my prayers.

    Salamwalykum.

     
  • At Friday, June 03, 2005 12:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamwalaykuum

    I read the story , I was very touched by this. And I know one day you will reunite with her pure soul. In times of difficulty , the brightness of our faith shines. When it shines it helps to alleviate the pain

    Atif Haseeb

    Winnipeg

     
  • At Monday, June 06, 2005 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalam Alaikum Brother,

    It's me Sweet_muslimah. I read all of this now and I just about managed to keep my tears in coz im at work. I have no idea what u are going through but the thought of me losing any of my siblings scares me ALOT. Especially my little brother whom i miss so much as i am far away but now i will appreciate all my siblings even more inshAllah. We never realise the value of time until it's too late but reading your blog has made me look at life differently.

    I dont know what to say to comfort u brother but all i know is that the description of the way Asma died, shows how peacefully she died alhumdulillah. I recall reading the amount of pain she was in sometimes and i now she's free of that and inshAllah Allah SWT is looking after her.

    I was pretty shocked about the news because Asma became a large part of Islamica and she there were many of us who were eager for her health to improve.

    I hope inshAllah u and ur family keep thinking of the GOOD stuff and keep smiling as she sounds like a person who was always jolly regardless of all the pain. I'm sure she'd want u to be remembering her with a smile and not tears. It's hard not to cry but i do hope inshAllah u will feel a little lighter.

    Also, u have another sister to look after aswell. It must have been terrible for Aysha too as she lost her one and only sister. May Allah SWT ease all your families pain.

    My duas are really with u brother.

    Am i allowed to pass this link to my family and friends? I would like them to read it.

    Sorry if i have said anything wrong to upset u here...pls forgive me.

    Walaikum Asalam

     
  • At Monday, June 06, 2005 3:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i always wanted a little sister, i wished for it so many times, but its too late now, i cant imagine the pain to lose one, and i dont want to know, may allah (swt) keep u firm in ur deen akhi

    ur bro. Nussrah

     
  • At Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    La illah la il Allah...
    Indeed, this dunya is a prison for the Muminoon, we will only become free once we leave it for Jennah.

    Wa'ina Lilah wa ina layh raji'oun.
    (To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return).

     
  • At Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asalamua3alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

    how are you brother? The story is pretty touching and the poem and its sad wallahi sad to have to deal with a great loss but this is also a test of losing a loved one. Inna lillah wa illahi rajee3oon, may allah give you and your family the strength and firmness in your deen and we will all meet in jannat el 3alameen one day...Ameen

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i don't know what to say accept am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I have had lots of losses in my life. I can't imagine the loss of my little sister. Always know that your little sister is watching over you and your family. Also when Allah decides that your time has come know that little sweet Asma will be waiting for you with open arms. Please forgive me if i have said anything to upset you or your family i never meant any harm just the best way i could put into words

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't stop crying, May she be rewarded for all this suffering with the highest abodes in heaven, may your family be granted Alsabr walsilwan.. I have lost so many loved ones, that life is nonesensical to me... this is but one death and inshallah we shall all be reunited in heaven. ya rabb

     
  • At Friday, November 24, 2006 4:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    subhanaAllah arkhii
    may Allah reward you n may He grant ur sister asma janatul firdaus. may He axcept her soul with goodness.
    may Allah grant us n asma forgiveness

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>