This blog is all about my little sister, Asma, who lost her life in the battle against cancer on February 11, 2005 at the age of 12.

All About My Baby Sister, Asma

Feel free to pass this blog along to others, Insha'Allah. (To read the very first post/entry, click on "February 2005" under "Archives" and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see the first entry). Please keep my parents and family in your dua'as. Jazak'Allah. May Allah reward all of you and keep you guys on the straight path. Ameen May Allah reunite us with Asma once again. Ameen

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Missing in Action

Assalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

May this reach you all in the best of health and Eman. Ameen

It's been such a long time since I've posted and updated this blog. In fact, the last posting was back in 2009. SubhanAllah can't believe how quickly time passes by.

I am going to be updating this blog often, InshaAllah.

So much as happened in over three years. I've finished school, gotten married, have a 5-year old niece, started a business and currently working on starting another one. Alhamdulillah, I've been blessed with so much.

However, one thing has never changed regardless of what happens or has happened. I never forgot about my sister. Whether it was at my wedding, while I'm shoveling snow, or just watching T.V., Asma somehow managed to cross my mind. Just the other day I was at my parents' home and walked by Asma's barely-worn slippers. Instantly I had a flashback of Asma wearing them and pictured the slippers on her small, fragile feet. In fact, those pair of slippers were one of my favorites.

Seven years and counting since Asma has left us. Still, I cannot believe she actually left us. It doesn't seem right. Doesn't feel right. But, she has. It's reality.

One day I too will leave this world. I have to worry about making it to Jannah. I want to be reunited with her.

When I'm happy and excited, I think of her. When I am sad, I think of her even more. She brought joy and happiness to everyone's life. She cheered me up and gave me pep talks whenever I needed one. I miss it.

I miss her. A lot. : (

WasSalaamualaikum.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:30:00 AM, Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said…

    Asalamalaikum.

    I remembered your sister Asma and you when I was writing a blog post about my relationship with my older brother this week and thought to come on the blog. Alhamdulilah it is positive to read an update about the direction Allah has blessed your life to go. May He Grant you an increase in good and continue to reward your family for your patience and strength. Through your writings you have allowed your special sister to touch the hearts of fellow brothers and sisters in the deen and humanity. MashaAllah, a special girl indeed. With Duas from London

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
</body></html>